Lead Patient Access Representative (031323.9) FULL TIME
Lead Patient Access Representative opportunity in beautiful Hamilton, Montana!!
Patient Access Representatives (PAR) provides customer-service coverage in the medical clinic facilities and/or ancillary departments of Marcus Daly Memorial Hospital, and assumes the responsibility for successful financial outcomes of all patient services. Under the general supervision of the Patient Access Manager, this position performs imperative duties, including but not limited to appointment scheduling, registration, insurance verification, and telephone coverage, data entry, filing protected health information (PHI), patient referrals, and point-of-service collections, while maintaining patient relations, customer satisfaction, and Marcus Daly’s financial solvency.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Courses in medical terminology beneficial
- Minimum two years hospital/physician office experience preferred
- Prior scheduling, patient accounts, unit clerk, or medical assistant experience preferred
- Strong problem solving techniques and interpersonal skills—including ability to communicate effectively both orally and with written word
- Familiarity with MDMH registration and billing systems
- Ability to work under time pressure while interacting in a helpful, courteous manner with a high degree of patient contact
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task between heavy phone volume, multiple computer systems, and frequent interruptions; must have the ability to handle ongoing face-to-face contact with patients and staff while functioning in a busy medical office environment with limited workspace
- Effective at adjusting to change, prioritizing duties, handling stress, and communicating face-to-face with employees, patients, and physicians when necessary
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours/week
Benefits: This position is eligible for the full benefit package and bonus pay as follows:
- Sign-on bonus: $500 paid to employee upon hire
- Retention bonus: $500 paid to employee after 6 months of employment
About our Community:
The Bitterroot Valley is located in southwestern Montana and lies between the Bitterroot Mountain Range and the Sapphire Mountains. Hamilton is the largest town and the county seat of Ravalli County with a population of about 45,000 people in the county. The Bitterroot Valley is comprised of several communities such as Darby, Hamilton, Corvallis, Victor, Stevensville and Florence. The Bitterroot is the perfect place to raise a family in a small-town atmosphere with nearby “larger city” amenities. It is the perfect place for individuals who enjoy hunting, fishing, hiking, skiing, golfing and snowmobiling. Montana is appropriately referred to as “The Treasure State” and the Bitterroot Valley is one of Montana’s finest treasures.
Bitterroot Health is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Job Family Active Jobs
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1200 Westwood Dr, Hamilton, MT 59840, USA