Medical Social Worker (010323.2) FULL TIME
Medical Social Worker opportunity in beautiful Hamilton, Montana!!
Bitterroot Health is seeking candidates to fill a Medical Social Worker position in our Hospice Department. The Hospice Medical Social Worker is responsible for delivery of medical social services in Hospice. Develops, organizes and implements patient/family services and counseling. Maintains social work performance improvement activities within the department and participates in QAPI activities. Responsible for emotional and psychosocial support for patients and their family as well as grief support to the family after the death of the patient. Collaborates with the Hospice IDG to ensure patient and family needs are met. Oversees hospice bereavement programs.
- Master of Social Work (MSW) from an accredited program;
- A Baccalaureate degree in social work from an accredited program (supervised by an MSW); or
- A Baccalaureate degree in psychology, sociology, or other field related to social work (supervised by an MSW) with 1 year of social work experience in a healthcare setting
- Licensure and Certifications: Current certification in BLS, current Montana driver’s license and active auto insurance coverage.
- Job Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Knowledge regarding grief and loss, experience in working with bereaved individuals and grief reactions preferred.
- Experience: Two or more years in social services and hospice experience preferred.
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours/weekBenefits: This position is eligible for the full benefit package
About our Community:
The Bitterroot Valley is located in southwestern Montana and lies between the Bitterroot Mountain Range and the Sapphire Mountains. Hamilton is the largest town and the county seat of Ravalli County with a population of about 45,000 people in the county. The Bitterroot Valley is comprised of several communities such as Darby, Hamilton, Corvallis, Victor, Stevensville and Florence. The Bitterroot is the perfect place to raise a family in a small-town atmosphere with nearby “larger city” amenities. It is the perfect place for individuals who enjoy hunting, fishing, hiking, skiing, golfing and snowmobiling. Montana is appropriately referred to as “The Treasure State” and the Bitterroot Valley is one of Montana’s finest treasures.
Bitterroot Health is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Job Family Active Jobs
- Pay Type Salary
- 1200 Westwood Dr, Hamilton, MT 59840, USA