Senior Relationship Banker
Our ideal candidate: We are seeking candidates deeply committed to our mission: to transform the banking industry from within. We lead by example, collaborate with and invest in change-makers, and build sustainable prosperity in our communities.
Who we are: Beneficial State is one of only a handful of B-Corp banks in the nation and one of the highest-rated B-Corps on the planet. That means that we subscribe to a rigorous evaluation standard that measures our positive impact, not just our profitability. We demonstrate how a bank can combine social equity, environmental sustainability, and business stability to create a better financial system – a system that drives inclusive prosperity to benefit people and the planet. #BCorp #WeAreBCorps
Join our team: If you are ready to do challenging and transformative work that will build a brighter future for us all, and you are hungry to bring your passion and energy to the table, we welcome your application.
The position of Senior Relationship Banker reports to the Branch Manager. You will develop new and existing business and consumer banking relationships by actively sourcing new business from prospective clients and by contacting present clients to retain and expand banking relationships, to meet or exceed assigned monthly goals. Responsible for branch sales, portfolio growth and retention efforts (of assigned portfolio) of various Bank’s products to consumer and small business customers. Through full engagement, Senior Relationship Banker, analyzes and assess the profitability and potential risk of new loans within established risk and credit guidelines in order to fulfill the client’s lending needs. Provides assistance to the branch operations team by providing customer services and supervisory guidance during the absence of the supervisor or manager. This position is a unionized position through the Communication Workers of America.
Sales and Networking
• You will grow new business by researching and analyzing community markets, analyzing and prioritizing clients to target, planning and executing business development strategies and calling on existing and potential clients, both in person and over the phone.
• You will actively assess clients' financial information by completing a Needs Assessment to assess total current and future financial needs. Summarize and discuss the opportunities uncovered recommend, present and sell appropriate bank products.
• You will review loan applicants to elicit information, assess appropriate loans, cross-sell opportunities, or communicate decisions or recommendations obtain and/or send proper documentation and to resolve related customer issues.
• You will network with local community businesses. When appropriate, refer sales opportunity to Loan by Phone area.
• If assigned, responsible for the managing, retaining and growing the portfolio.
• Refer clients as necessary to the appropriate banker or department to cross-sell additional services or products.
• Enthusiastically contact and consult with clients on a regular basis to update the Needs Assessment information
• Educate clients on changes in the financial industry that would affect them and the products/services they currently use.
• Actively source and obtain referrals from existing clients, internal departments and community contacts.
• Conduct monthly bank products/services seminars for branch employees and organize seminars for bank clients.
• Utilize the Merchandising and Marketing activities as required including functions such as: leadership support in promotional campaigns for products/services, training sessions and collateral display.
• Responsible for following and adhering to all bank operational and security policies and procedures, including compliance and privacy policies and procedures to maintain customer confidentiality.
• Ensure customer information meets all bank and regulatory documentation.
• You will ensure proper handling of service requests and resolution of customer problems.
• Maintain established customer service level expectations in accordance with the Bank's and Manager's overall goals and objectives.
• Deepen relationships for customer satisfaction and retention.
• You will perform other duties as may be assigned. This may include providing work mentorship to lower level sales staff when assigned.
• Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
• Excellent organization and time management skills with attention to detail
• Self-starter with the ability to synthesize ambiguous information and develop creative solutions
• Do you have two or more years' of direct working experience in all financial service products and services including Small Business Sales and Credit products and risk management procedures?
• Showing strength with computer software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other standard banking software.
• Requires completion of all basic branch banking sales training classes
What is the benefit package for this role? Beneficial State Bank’s benefits include a comprehensive package designed to support you and your eligible dependents. We focus on the holistic health of our team members and promote work-life balance.
Our benefit package includes:
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Basic Life / STD / LTD
- Vacation Days: 2-4 weeks depending on role
- Sick Days: 12 days per year
- Holidays: 11 days per year
- 401(K) / ROTH / FSA / HSA / EAP
- Education and Adoption Assistance
- Bank-Wide Annual Discretionary Bonus Program
- Production-based incentive program available for some roles.
- Paid Volunteer Time: 4 days per year / annual match of qualifying employee donations
- Paid Sabbatical Program after 5 years of service
- Pet Benefits
For detailed information about our benefits, please visit http://www.beneficialstatebank.com/about-us/careers
You are welcome here at Beneficial State Bank. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
- Job Family Retail Banking
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $30.18
- Max Hiring Rate $32.87
- MLK, 2002 NE MLK Jr Blvd, Portland, Oregon, United States of America