VP, Treasury Management Manager
Our ideal candidate: We are seeking candidates deeply committed to our mission: to transform the banking industry from within. We lead by example, collaborate with and invest in change-makers, and build sustainable prosperity in our communities.
Who we are: Beneficial State is one of only a handful of B-Corp banks in the nation and one of the highest-rated B-Corps on the planet. That means that we subscribe to a rigorous evaluation standard that measures our positive impact, not just our profitability. We demonstrate how a bank can combine social equity, environmental sustainability, and business stability to create a better financial system – a system that drives inclusive prosperity to benefit people and the planet. #BCorp #WeAreBCorps
Join our team: If you are ready to do challenging and transformative work that will build a brighter future for us all, and you are hungry to bring your passion and energy to the table, we welcome your application.
ABOUT BENEFICIAL STATE BANK
Beneficial State is a little different. We were created to prove that banking could be materially better – more sustainable. More inclusive. More transformational. More accountable. While some banks have philanthropic arms, we have a philanthropic heart. We are owned by nonprofit entities that invest in low-income communities, social equity activities, and environmental sustainability and work with countless stakeholders to further our mission: to help more people and help people more, in harmony with the environment. Our charter precludes us from lending ANY money to special interests that are “contra mission,” such as fossil fuels, private prisons, weapons manufacturing, or fracking.
The bank is a leader in the social impact space, sharing our results, successes, failures, strategies, and learnings, so that other banks may follow our model and benefit from our insights. Our impact and awards tell our story for us. As of the end of 2020, we had over $270MM in loans to nonprofits, and over 75% of our lending portfolio was committed to mission-aligned applications. Since opening our doors in 2007, we have financed over 10,000 affordable housing units, helping to address the housing crisis that plagues our Pacific Coast cities. The Global Alliance for Banking on Values graded 84% of our loan portfolio as “triple bottom line” – serving people, planet, and prosperity. We once again received a CRA rating of “outstanding,” demonstrating our commitment to meeting the needs of our communities. Even through the pandemic we have been growing our impact. We are now over $1.5B in assets and anticipate our growth to continue or accelerate well into 2030.
Beneficial State Bank (Beneficial State) is a state-chartered, federally insured bank with Branches in California, Oregon, and Washington. The bank’s unique ownership structure supports our impact commitments. We are a founding signatory of the UN’s Principles for Responsible Banking, a member of the Global Alliance for Banking on Values, and one of the world’s top-rated Certified B Corporations, having been awarded B Corp “Best for the World” status every year since 2012. We recommend that any business seeking to become more purpose-driven and be a force for good take advantage of B Lab’s resources and third-party assessment framework and support our clients in their endeavors to build their impact and achieve their B Corp certification. Together, we are the solution. Learn more about our impact on our Foundation’s impact site.
The Treasury Management Manager directly manages the products, services, and support staff to achieve the efficient operation of all treasury management activities. This role will oversee the ongoing product development and evolution of all treasury products and services through our treasury management platforms. Assists the Product Committee in pricing and negotiation of treasury management products to optimize relationship profitability. This role also oversees all aspects of client services from implementation to ongoing support through a dedicated support team that you will directly manage. Manages the risks associated with treasury products and client relationships. Directly ensures the department meets all industry and regulatory compliance and audit objectives. Works closely with Client Treasury Managers to support their sales efforts as it culminates in implementation and ongoing servicing.
- · Oversees the ongoing development, maintenance, and implementation of existing and new treasury products and services.
- · Maintains strong knowledge and understanding of treasury management-related products, services, and principles including ACH, EFT, and Wire transfers.
- · Keeps informed and ensures the department adheres to all state and federal regulations, and bank policies pertaining to treasury management products and services.
- · Maintains and meets compliance and audit objectives relating to the management and support of treasury clients.
- · Coaches and supports Treasury Management team and oversees their day-to-day work, providing clear and consistent expectations to ensure work is completed accurately and efficiently. Identifies training opportunities to support the team’s ongoing growth and development.
- · Ensures that treasury support team is adequately trained in treasury products, services, and support to ensure high service levels with internal and external clients.
- · Monitors workloads in the department to ensure appropriate distribution and maintains staffing at levels to support treasury client needs.
- · Ensures that Treasury Support Service levels are developed and met.
- · Ensures that all treasury client documentation is kept current and stored in a nature that is accessible to the treasury support team across the organization.
- · Manages all monthly billing aspects of treasury client relationships through a Weiland Account Analysis billing platform.
- · Manages and oversees client relationships and all related account changes through the Intrafi and CDARS program.
- · Creates and maintains operations policies and procedures related to all treasury management products and services.
- · Develops and maintains forms and other documents related to treasury support setups and procedures.
- · Coordinates and leads the implementation of projects related to changes in the treasury support department.
- · Monitors the follow-up and resolution of problems to ensure timely response and customer satisfaction of the treasury support team.
- · Ensures that annual ACH, remote capture, and other required reviews are completed timely and accurately, and documented by support team.
- · Looks for process improvements in the treasury management support area of the Bank continuously.
- · Works as part of a team in a professional environment.
- · Executes and exercises accuracy, alertness, good judgment, initiative, courtesy, tact, and patience in dealing with all levels of the organization, as well as with vendors and suppliers used by the Bank.
- · Represents the Bank in the community and demonstrates support for the Bank’s mission and community focus.
- · Performs other duties as assigned.
The Treasury Management Manager supervises the Treasury Management team.
The incumbent in this position must be able to accommodate reading documents or instruments, detailed work, problem solving, customer contact, reasoning, math, language, presentations, verbal and written communication, analytical reasoning, stress, multiple concurrent tasks, and constant interruptions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- 5 years of banking experience that includes demonstrated experience with treasury management products, services, and principles.
- 3 years of supervisory or management-related experience.
- 2 years of technical ACH experience preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership, supervisory, and customer service skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Suite.
- Technical experience with browsers, software, and hardware.
- Business documentation knowledge.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with a diverse range of individuals, teams, leaders, and external stakeholders to establish and achieve common goals.
- Highly dependable with strong organizational skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines simultaneously.
What is the benefit package for this role? Beneficial State Bank’s benefits include a comprehensive package designed to support you and your eligible dependents. We focus on the holistic health of our team members and promote work-life balance.
Our benefit package includes:
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Basic Life / STD / LTD
- Vacation Days: 2-4 weeks depending on role
- Sick Days: 12 days per year
- Holidays: 11 days per year
- 401(K) / ROTH / FSA / HSA / EAP
- Education and Adoption Assistance
- Bank-Wide Annual Discretionary Bonus Program
- Production-based incentive program available for some roles.
- Paid Volunteer Time: 4 days per year / annual match of qualifying employee donations
- Paid Sabbatical Program after 5 years of service
- Pet Benefits
For detailed information about our benefits, please visit http://www.beneficialstatebank.com/about-us/careers
You are welcome here at Beneficial State Bank. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
- Job Family Administration
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $90,698.00
- Max Hiring Rate $130,606.00
- East Los Angeles, 3626 E 1st St, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
- Fresno, 170 W Shaw Ave, Fresno, California, United States of America
- MLK, 2002 NE MLK Jr Blvd, Portland, Oregon, United States of America
- Oakland, 1438 Webster St Ste 100, Oakland, California, United States of America
- PAE, 151 SW First Ave Ste 201, Portland, Oregon, United States of America
- Pearl Admin, 430 NW 10th Ave Ste 101, Portland, Oregon, United States of America
- Pearl, 430 NW 10th Ave, Portland, Oregon, United States of America
- Rose City, 5636 NE Sandy Blvd, Portland, Oregon, United States of America
- Roseville, 3400 Douglas Blvd #265, Roseville, California, United States of America
- Seattle, 1501 E Madison St., Suite 100, Seattle, Washington, United States of America