Small Business Development Representative
Bellco Corporate Offices, 7600 E Orchard Rd, Greenwood Village, Colorado, United States of America Req #1855
Friday, May 12, 2023
Thank you for your interest in Bellco Credit Union! We’re a local not-for-profit organization that has been giving back to our members, the communities we serve, and of course, our employees since 1936. Offering one of the best employee benefits packages around, Bellco is a leader in fostering, developing, and engaging staff to become expert financial-service ambassadors. You’re a part of something more at Bellco—a place you can be proud of.
The Small Business Development Representative position is responsible for the acquisition, retention, and expansion of small business banking members in their assigned branch(s). This position will also be responsible for serving existing business members while proactively uncovering and delivering quality solutions to meet the key objectives of the business owners.
Reports to: Sr. Director of Small Business
Contacts: Credit Union members, prospective business members, other credit union departments, credit union officials and appropriate external financial service providers.
Education: Four-year college degree or equivalent experience.
- 2 yrs+ of proven sales ability selling in the financial industry.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry (banks and credit unions)
- Strategic or consultative sales skills
- Strong communication skills, independent, resourceful and driven
- Previous experience analyzing financials and loan applications using underwriting criteria
- Strong presentation and PC skills
- Proven ability and willingness to identify needs and sell appropriate products
- Attention to detail, and self-discipline to manage daily administrative tasks accurately and efficiently
Equipment: Smart Phone, computer, monitor and keyboard
1. Provides a valuable and enjoyable experience to both internal customers and members during interactions. Consistently suggests ways to improve the member/customer experience through improved processes and technology.
2. Cultivate business relationships with small businesses, generally under $5 Million in annual revenue, through outside sales and marketing efforts. This will include profiling, outbound telephone sales, consulting, networking, cold-calling and appointment setting.
3. Proactively uncover sales opportunities with non-members and provide proposals in order to obtain the business.
4. Increase the number of products and services, both personal and business, the member utilizes and retain members.
5. Develop a pipeline of business opportunities and referral sources.
6. Actively follow-up with leads, either with members or non-members.
7. Contribute to corporate and branch goals and support current business priorities.
8. Communicate key features and benefits of all Bellco’s most complex products and services.
9. Call Blocks-Weekly One-on-One session with Director of Small Business, to include joint calling and reviewing sales activity.
10. Accurately and timely enter required and relevant information into Bellco’s CRM system.
11. Open new accounts by following the approved new account procedure; initiate a credit application; identify financial product and service needs; follow current underwriting guidelines and use credit scoring or traditional underwriting to approve credit applications; satisfy requests for advanced product and service needs.
12. Analyze credit bureau reports to accurately identify member’s financial needs and sales opportunities.
13. Accurately enter and complete loan application in the Bellco Velocity system.
14. Adhere to current underwriting guidelines and loan closing procedures; accurately complete loan-closing documents; disburse loans as required.
15. Exhibit an advanced level of performance; require minimal supervision and exhibit sound judgment.
16. Take the initiative to identify problems and sales opportunities; know and follow legal and regulatory restrictions; understand the basis for procedures and deal appropriately with departures from standards.
17. Understand the sales process and be recognized as a leader, resource and key contact.
18. Access member accounts to accurately perform financial service transactions.
19. Has an understanding of business terminology when working with business members.
20. Has understanding of bank financials to determine appropriate product mix to recommend to business members
21. Networking-build relationships with referral sources, engaged in networking activities, trade shows, chamber meetings, etc.
Addition or modifications to these may be made as needed to maintain service levels to members.
In order to meet the financial service needs of our members, job function may necessitate changes in hours or location.
Essential functions require travel throughout the Denver metro area to call on prospective business members.
Bellco requires all employees who drive their personal or a company vehicle in the routine performance of their jobs to have a clean Motor Vehicle Record and valid Driver’s License. They must also provide proof of valid insurance
“Bellco Credit Union is the one organization passionately committed to improving our members’ quality of life by building their wealth and securing their financial future”
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $55,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $65,000.00
- Bellco Corporate Offices, 7600 E Orchard Rd, Greenwood Village, Colorado, United States of America