Member Service Advisor II - Castle Rock
Thank you for your interest in Bellco Credit Union! We’re a local not-for-profit organization that has been giving back to our members, the communities we serve, and of course, our employees since 1936. Offering one of the best employee benefits packages around, Bellco is a leader in fostering, developing, and engaging staff to become expert financial-service ambassadors. You’re a part of something more at Bellco—a place you can be proud of.
Processes a variety of financial transactions and member services in both lobby and drive-up in a timely, accurate and professional manner while providing exceptional member service. Maintains thorough knowledge of all Credit Union products and services. Consistently evaluates sales opportunities, makes recommendations or offers products and refers members to the appropriate sales staff. Establishes new accounts for potential and existing members.
Reports to: Assistant Branch Manager or Branch Manager (depending on location)
Contacts: Credit Union members and their employers, Credit Union officials, Credit Union branches/departments, vendors and appropriate external financial service providers.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent
Experience: Six months of cash handling experience. Previous experience or demonstrating in current role the ability to consistently meet and exceed sales and service goals. One year of sales or customer service experience preferred, 6 months or more experience with Bellco or in financial services preferred.
- Ability to interact with others in a positive manner both in person, by email and by phone using strong, oral and written, communication skills.
- Ability to perform all teller duties while maintaining a high teller balancing efficiency (85% or higher) on a consistent basis.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently enter data and update member financial records.
- Ability and willingness to identify needs and sell appropriate products and services.
- Ability to obtain and perform Notary services.
- Bilingual (Spanish) strongly preferred.
- Additions or modifications of these requirements may be made as needed to maintain high service standards.
Equipment: On-line computer terminal keyboard and visual monitor, calculator, copy machine, fax machine, telephone, teller cash recycler, printer, ATMs, card printing terminals and security alarms.
1. Provides a valuable and enjoyable experience to both internal customers and members during interactions. Consistently suggests ways to improve the member/customer experience through improved processes and technology.
2. Communicates with members in a positive manner, through exceptional service, both in person and/or by telephone.
3. Practices Bellco service standards and core values in all interactions with members, prospective members and personnel in other Bellco departments.
4. Understands and communicates key features and benefits of all Bellco products and services to members and deepens member relationships by matching products to meet members needs and referring members to the appropriate team member/partner.
5. Understands and complies with all appropriate federal and state regulations, branch operations procedures and branch audit standards.
6. Contributes to corporate and branch goals and supports current business priorities.
7. Accesses and navigates devices and systems including TELLERphone, Bellco online banking, core system (DNA), the shared branching network and various web-based systems used in daily operations.
8. Learns and can demonstrate for members how to access and utilize TELLERphone and Bellco online banking.
9. Opens and maintains personal accounts for potential and existing members following the established account opening procedures.
10. Completes IRA, HSA and Coverdell account openings, maintenance and transactions.
11. Precisely and confidently processes international and domestic wire transfers for members following established guidelines and within the prescribed wire limits.
12. Routinely handles digital (phone and virtual) appointments, including the allocation of digital appointments to employees to ensure appointments start on time.
13. Accurately submits unsecured lending applications, adheres to established underwriting guidelines and analyzes credit bureau reports to identify member financial needs and sales opportunities.
14. Conducts unsecured loan closings and disburses loans according to established procedures.15. Access member accounts to accurately perform the following non-lending service transactions, for example:
- Cash and/or check deposits, withdrawals, payments and transfers
- Cash advances
- Official check and money order issuance Savings Bond redemption
- Shared Branching transactions
- Processing of miscellaneous negotiable items
16. Access member accounts to conduct the following account maintenance, for example:
- Contact information changes (address, phone, email)
- Check ordering
- Debit card issuance and maintenance
- Online banking set-up and maintenance
- Order check/statement copies
- Initiate research requests
- Joint/Beneficiary/POD updates and maintenance
- Bill pay support
- Assist members with power of attorney (POA) requests including submitting documents for approvals, addition and removal of POAs from accounts
- Notary services
- Assist with branch balancing and branch operations
17. Regular and punctual in person attendance.
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Physical ability to maintain continuous hours of standing.
In order to meet the business needs of our members, job function may necessitate changes in hours or location.
“Bellco Credit Union is the one organization passionately committed to improving our members’ quality of life by building their wealth and securing their financial future”
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $21.00
- Castle Rock, CO, USA