Join the future of food!
At our company we strive for continuous improvement, not only in our processes, but in our people. High quality employees allow us to remain on the leading edge of innovation. With you, we make things better!
This position is a developmental role designed to train individuals to machine parts according to shop drawing specifications. Activities include the set-up and operation of manual and computerized lathes, mills, and other various machines, power tools, and hand tools required to complete assigned job.
- Machine parts according to shop drawing specifications. Measure and mark material for reference points and dimensions to assist in the accurate machining of parts.
- Set-up and program machining equipment to produce parts. Start and observe machine operation for malfunctions and out of tolerance parameters. Adjust as needed.
- Operate saws, grinders, and other various machines, power tools, and hand tools to complete assigned jobs. May perform various cleaning activities to maintain the safety and cleanliness of Machine Shop. Activities may include, but are not limited to, sweeping and mopping the floor, wiping off surfaces, and removing debris.
- Maintain machine tools as required, such as grinding or cleaning tools to operate efficiently. Store equipment appropriately and maintain a clean work area. Ensure normal and efficient operation of all machine equipment and tools. Immediately notify management of any abnormal operation of machine, noise, or problems that need to be addressed.
- Perform process inspection of parts to verify accurate measurement, dimensions, and tolerances using standard inspection equipment and measuring devices.
- Complete assigned jobs on schedule and within drawing specification. Effectively communicate any issues, problems, or concerns regarding job or schedule.
- Train in the QC Inspection department and learn fundamental tasks of a QC Mechanical Inspector. Position may be assigned to work in the department for training purposes and to provide coverage as needed.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Good math skills.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and blueprints and maintain specified dimensional accuracy of machined parts.
- General computer knowledge and proficiency.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Must maintain a positive attitude with the ability to stay on schedule with assigned jobs.
- Must have regular and punctual attendance.
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull up to 60 lbs.
- This position requires walking, standing, climbing, bending, reaching, and handling.
Experience:Entrylevel experience working in a fabrication shop is advantageous.
Education: HighSchool diploma, an equivalent, or verifiable ability to perform essential job functions.
Reports to (if applicable): MachineShop Floor Supervisor
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
Post offer physical and substance testing required
Our company is known for its competitive pay, benefits, and opportunities to advance. Depending on position benefits may include: Health/Dental/Vision, Disability, Life, Flex Medical and Dependent Care, Matching 401(k), Profit Sharing, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. The company prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment and students on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran’s status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Post offer physical and substance testing required.
- Job Family MS
- Job Function Machining
- Pay Type Hourly
- 6001 Dakota Ave, Dakota City, NE 68731, USA