Assistant Property Manager
General Statement of Duties: Assists the Property Manager in fiscal planning, staff supervision, physical property management, rent collection, resident relations, and directly oversees the occupancy and recertification process
Supervision Received: Reports to Property Manager.
Supervision Exercised: Supervises direct reports as assigned.
Essential Functions of the Position: (Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all duties that may be found in positions of this class.)
· Fosters a positive, active and collaborative relationship with residents, communities and associated agencies.
· Enforces and adheres to company policies, rules and regulations.
· Assists in supervising maintenance, security, landscaping, and cleaning departments when necessary and at the direction of the Property Manager
· Assists the Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor with supervising contractors and vendors utilized to provide services at the property
· Responds to telephone and on-site inquiries.
· Assists with rent collection efforts by reviewing or posting rent receipts and performing resident outreach including mailing notices.
· Assists with reviewing inventory and maintenance purchases as needed.
· Assists with and conducts apartment and property inspections.
· Assists in writing service orders and maintaining service order logs.
· Assists in coordinating turnover schedules with maintenance supervisor alongside the Property Manager.
· Assists Property Manager in budget preparation and financial management.
Education: High School diploma required; Associates or bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: One year of property management or related work experience preferred. Designated certifications where required for property type.
Qualifications and Skills: Must possess a strong work ethic. Strong supervisory skills. Ability to establish a cooperative working environment with staff. Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Yardi. Strong verbal and written communication skills, self motivated and detail oriented. Ability to handle emergency situations and pressure due to complexity and time sensitivity.
Fluent in English. Bilingual capabilities may be required depending on property. Physical ability to stand/walk for long periods of time, lift boxes, move furniture, shovel snow, etc. Must have the ability to visually inspect property, including grounds and building interiors as well as the ability to climb up and down stairs for tours and inspections. Ability to be an active team member within the company. Preserves and respects resident and applicant confidentiality.
Beacon Core Competencies required for all positions:
Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility.
Beacon Management Competencies required for all Management positions:
Decision-Making/Judgement, Communication, Budgets/Cost Control, Managing for Results, People Development.
Assistant Manager Functional Competencies required:
Job Knowledge, Problem Solving/Analysis, Interpersonal Skills, Computer Skills, Hiring.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, beginning on the first of the month after hire.
- 401(k) with company match, short term disability and long term disability insurance.
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation, 13 paid holidays.
- Summer flex scheduling options to allow for early releases on Friday from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
- Job Family Property Management
- Pay Type Hourly
- 13 State Street Apartments, 13 State Street, Schenectady, New York, United States of America