Beverage Manager - Alta Via Market Square
46 Fox Chapel Rd, Pittsburgh, PA 15238, USA Req #283
Thursday, March 30, 2023
Coming Soon! Alta Via is opening a second location in Market Square (Fall 2023). Alta Via is inspired by the fresh cuisine and active lifestyle of California wine country and the Italian Alps. The menu is built around handmade pasta and grilled meats. Vegetable-forward recipes embrace sustainable sourced ingredients and fresh, clean flavors.
Beverage Manager Responsibility
- Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment.
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service at all times. Oversee all guest service, identify service issues, train service staff, and assist in service to ensure standards are met.
- Develop drink menus, propose new cocktails, and train staff in cocktail making and general liquor knowledge.
- Responsible for developing restaurant’s wine list, education of staff on wine, liaison to guests regarding wine, wine pairing with menus.
- Ensure that all bar equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs. Communicate problems to the GM immediately.
- Ensure that all liquor and other bar products are and received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures.
Working in our award-winning restaurants as a full-time manager offers you a great job and competitive earnings, plus the following benefits:
- 50% Employee Discount: 50% off the entire check for you and a guest at ANY big Burrito Restaurant Group location.
- Time Off: Paid vacation and personal/sick days
- Health Insurance: Medical, dental, and vision benefits are available as well as the option to enroll in Aflac insurance.
- Holiday Closures: All restaurants are closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day (with possible additional holiday closures).
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match
The ideal candidate:
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must pass a background screen.
- Has knowledge of service, food, and beverage, generally involving at least three years of front of house operations, service, and/or assistant management positions.
- Communicates clearly and effectively with others.
- Has exceptional customer service skills.
- Has excellent basic math skills and the ability to operate a cash register or POS system.
- Can work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).
- Can reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
- Pay Type Salary
- 46 Fox Chapel Rd, Pittsburgh, PA 15238, USA