CNA - Freeland Street
Mission Statement: Our Mission is to increase the independence of adults who face challenges presented by developmental disabilities by teaching developmental skills and providing high-quality services and opportunities for growth.
Job Summary: The CNA provides specialized direct care services for assigned individuals.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
This is a non-exempt position.
Essential Functions of Position:
· Work cooperatively with staff and program participants as assigned to implement objectives and therapeutic activities that support Individual Service Plan goals.
· Ensure that the program participants’ needs are met and communicated with program staff and treatment team according to regulations and prescribed need.
· Coordinate personal care schedule for program staff to meet all the needs of the program.
· Utilize training in personal care needs to engage individuals.
· Perform personal care functions for individuals with disabilities, including changing, toileting, feeding, and laundry.
· Demonstrate proficiency with the use of electronic database, email, electronic record keeping and online training systems.
· Use adaptive equipment and mechanical lift systems competently as per training and supervision to facilitate the movement and lifting of physically disabled individuals for personal care assistance.
· Train individuals to increase independent functioning in self-care and activities of daily living related to personal care, including personal hygiene, grooming, and eating.
· Provide required documentation for individuals’ activities for each day.
· Report medical and health concerns to LPN, RNs and Program Directors and provide emergency interventions.
· Participate in the development and implementation Individual Service Plans as a member of the Residential Services team.
· Attend staff meetings, treatment team meetings, in-service trainings, conferences and seminars as required to develop skills and information for program operation.
· Ability to operate accessible vans equipped with lifts.
· Deliver all services to all program individuals at all times with respect and dignity in accordance with human rights training, DDS regulations for human rights, and Bay Cove standards.
· Other duties as assigned by the R.N., L.P.N., or Program Director.
· High School degree
· Two years of job experience in a training program working with this population and/or Associate Degree in human services related field preferred
· Certification as Nurse’s Aide required.
· Maintain required training certifications including C.N.A., C.P.R., First Aid and M.A.P.
· Maintain valid driver’s license.
· Ability to assist adult men and women of various ages with physical, intellectual, psychiatric and/or developmental disabilities.
· Ability to assist people with mobility impairments as needed.
· Ability to lift 50 pounds.
· Ability to take direction from supervising staff and complete assigned duties.
· Coordinate and provide direction around personal care needs and scheduling to program staff.
· Ability to engage individuals with cognitive and physical disabilities and support their skills development towards self-determination and independence.
· Ability to learn new skills and apply techniques and information learned in training.
· Ability and physical capacity to perform physical care tasks to assist people with mobility impairments as needed utilizing safety protocols and approved techniques.
· Knowledge of human rights principles and demonstrated ability to treat individuals with developmental and physical disabilities with respect and dignity.
· Ability to work cooperatively and effectively as a member of a service delivery team.
· Ability to negotiate and resolve differences.
· Ability to be flexible, open and responsive to the needs of the program and program participants.
- Job Family C.N.A.
- Job Function 9B
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $18.14
- Hyde Park, Boston, MA, USA