Mental Health Worker - Per Diem - Marie's Place
Bay Cove Human Services partners with people to overcome challenges and realize personal potential.
The CCS Mental Health Worker (MHW) provides direct services to adults in crisis at the CCS. S/he will carry a case load based on daily census and will provide direct care supports including admission, treatment planning, running groups, case management, and discharge. S/he ensures safety of all clients through provision of as needed 1:1 supervision, conducting and documenting checks, proactively addressing escalating behaviors. The MHW also provides for operation of the CCS in terms of meal set-up and clean-up; room maintenance; keeping the unit clean; and doing laundry. This is a non-exempt position.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Essential Functions of Position:
- Completes and documents admissions, treatment plans, client daily documentation, and discharge summaries in accordance with BCHS, DMH, BMC, MBHP, and BEST.
- Ensure that the unit follows the daily schedule of program activities, client meetings, and groups. Oversight of therapeutic groups as leader, co-leader, and observer.
- Ensures for the cleanliness and upkeep of the unit, assists in meal preparation and cleanup, completes bed set up and gathers linens.
- Maintains effective working relationships with insurers, DMH, BMC, BEST, local community resources, and treatment/rehabilitation programs throughout the Cape Cod community.
- Participation in daily rounds with multidisciplinary team and follows up on identified issues for the unit and for the individual clients.
- Ensures that safety protocols are routinely reviewed and followed consistently by all staff (such as emergency systems; identification and remedy of facility safety hazards; security systems; lock up of sharps and any potential toxins; hazardous waste management; checks protocols, checking vitals protocols, etc).
- Performs all other duties and projects as assigned by supervisor.
Requirements for the position:
- Minimally 3 years’ experience working in a mental health setting.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated skills in working as an effective team player in a fast-paced unit
- Personal Characteristics:
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of multi-disciplinary and cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a pressured situation and maintain clarity, focus, judgment, and compassion
- Ability to provide leadership
- Ability to identify problems and initiate solutions to problems
- Ability to work with people in crisis in a hopeful and compassionate manner and model this for others
- Ability to work independently
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds and complete cleaning and laundry
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $15.45
- Brighton, Boston, MA, USA