Broadcasting - Intern Productions
The Baltimore Ravens Productions intern will possess creativity and drive, utilizing their own production skills as well as learning new skills through hands-on experience. This individual will work 40-50 hours per week in a fast-paced environment and display enthusiasm, professionalism and expert time management skills on a daily basis. Upon completion of the internship, it is our hope that the knowledge gained provides great value and experience towards future career endeavors in broadcasting, digital and social media.
TIME FRAME: 12 months, Flexible start date beginning May/June 2023
DUTIES: The following is a general list of duties pertaining to the position. This list may change based on the needs to complete a particular assignment or of the department.
- Work with our creative team 40-50 hours per week including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary
- Brainstorm, produce and edit content using Adobe Premiere for use on broadcast, digital and social platforms
- Log all Ravens game footage using specific formatting and strong attention to detail in Adobe Prelude
- Archive, tag and Ingest footage into asset management system
- Assist on studio and field shoots, including but not limited to operating cameras, audio mixing, and serving as a grip for creative team
- Support production crew and assist on ENG shoots including player appearances, community events and other initiatives
- Work with production team to film all press conferences and produce digital live streams
- Produce, mix and edit podcasts within the Ravens Podcast Network
- Post Ravens Media and NFL Network content on BaltimoreRavens.com
- Perform all department media requests, including but not limited to exporting and delivering footage to network partners, NFL Films licensing department, Ravens players, and internal departments within the organization
- Render, export, and upload all videos for posting on all digital platforms, and manage archiving of all video content
REQUIREMENTS: Applicants are reviewed based on the following:
- BA in Video Production, Film, Television, Electronic Media or equivalent experience
- Prior experience in broadcasting and/or digital content production is required
- Prior experience with a non-linear editing system is required (Adobe Premiere preferred)
- Prior camera experience is a plus
- Prior experience with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, and the Adobe Creative Suite is preferred
- Must be able to climb ladders to adjust studio lights and lift field equipment of up to 50 lbs.
EXPECTATIONS: The following expectations are required of a Ravens intern:
- A professional approach in all interactions with fellow Ravens staff members, players, and coaches
- Punctuality, accountability, and keen attention to detail in each duty
- Discretion and trustworthiness related to sensitive football-related material
- High proficiency in verbal and written communications
- Ability to work independently and in a group, and handle several tasks simultaneously
- Responsible for providing own housing in the Owings Mills/Baltimore area and reliable transportation
- Be the hardest working member of the Ravens broadcast team
- Seek out new learning opportunities and respect valuable production equipment
COMPENSATION: Ravens broadcasting interns are paid an hourly wage.
APPLICATION PROCESS: To be considered for this internship, applicants must complete the online application and submit a resume, cover letter, and relevant reel.
The Baltimore Ravens is an EEO employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's or employee's race, gender, age, national origin, color, religion, disability or any other protected basis under applicable law.
- Pay Type Hourly