Assistant Manager - Seattle
Seattle Retail Store, 2650 NE University Village St., Seattle, Washington, United States of America Req #291
Friday, May 19, 2023
Assistant Store Manager
The Assistant Retail Store Manager helps maintain a profitable store that offers an incredible guest experience. You will work with all members of the Retail Store team to maintain customer service standards by supervising the Retail Store Gearhead team, manage inventory, visual merchandising and orders, all while ensuring the store hits metrics for sales and profitability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Provide coaching & feedback to Retail Store Gearheads
● Fix inventory issues and problem orders
● Manage cash drawer, spreadsheet and bank deposits
● Assist Retail Store manager in creating an efficient and effective schedule
● Assist with onboarding new staff
● Help customers in times of increased store traffic
● Run daily metrics to determine team performance and impact
● Manage back of house logistics, receipts and organization of inventory
● Manage shop staff and non inventory services
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
● Knowledge of the gear we sell
● Visual Merchandising experience is preferred
● Proficient with Computers and Software products
● Strong ability to multitask
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills for multiple audiences including employees and customers
● Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands
● Working knowledge of MS Office products
● Experience with Interchange WMS
Seek it. Find it. Send it. We help customers seek the perfect gear for their backcountry, find their awe, and send it their way. Through our five brands—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and Steep&Cheap—we give our customers the gear, knowledge, and inspiration they need to chase life’s greatest moments. We foster local outdoor communities around the locations of our expanding number of retail stores, and we’re actively creating a more inclusive and equitable outdoors for all through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives.
We’re a company of Gearheads and we offer personalized expertise at every level of the organization. This means we curate the best assortment of premium gear and apparel, a premium shopping experience, personalized Gearhead advice, super-fast and accurate fulfillment, and aspirational and informative content.
We take growth and personal fulfillment seriously. For our employees—aka, our Herd—this means career growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. We offer perks like an exceptional gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office.
When you join the Backcountry Herd, you join a crew that is passionate about their jobs and equally stoked on the outdoors. Pre-dawn skintrack laps are the norm, MTB rides are our lunch break, and you’ll regularly find coworkers hitting the trail together post-work. Benefits are competitive and include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid parental leave, 401(k) matching, Flexible Spending or Health Savings Account.
- Job Family Retail
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $53,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $60,000.00
- Travel Required No
- Travel % 0
- Telecommute % 0
- Seattle Retail Store, 2650 NE University Village St., Seattle, Washington, United States of America