Part Time Retail Sales Associate - Gearhead ($17.50/hr.)
PART TIME RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE – GEARHEAD
LOCATION: on-site at our Park City retail store
PAY: $17.50 per hour
Geek out with customers in the retail store by sharing your insane expertise and gear knowledge. In addition to providing smashing service, you’ll act as the face of customer relations for Backcountry.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Place sales orders, process returns, and set up exchanges
- Support customers by helping them select relevant products or answer gear questions
- Cycle count regularly to maintain the highest level of inventory accuracy
- Maintain and manage cash flow to ensure a high level of accuracy
- Operate within multiple software systems to ensure the completion of all tasks
- Assist in maintaining engaging and creative displays to increase sales
- Helps keep retail store organized, clean, and presentable at all times
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Six-months retail sales experience or as a Customer Solutions Gear Head
- Strong Communication skills (Verbal and Written)
- Strong ability to multitask
- Proactive mindset and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong time management ability
- Ability to type 30+ WPM
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, VISUAL ACUITY & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- The employee is regularly required to talk and hear
- The employee must be able to stand and walk throughout the entire shift
- The employee may be required to lift objects that weigh over 50lbs
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
Gearheads radiate an undeniable hype to get people into the Backcountry. Providing more than just order updates, they give expert gear knowledge to enable others to live life’s best adventures. In addition to a pet-friendly office complete with a bouldering wall, daily yoga classes, full-size yurt and bike/ski-tuning stations, we also house a fully stocked free rental facility a.k.a. gear closet, to enable them to get outside as much as our customers. Backcountry employees have the benefit of flexible and adaptable work schedules to adhere to all lifestyles as well as opportunities to grow within the company and connect with vendors and brands. Additional perks such as an excellent gear discount, industry pro deals, annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues and recognition activities, including cat ski and yurt trips, makes for a one-of-a-kind work experience. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending Account.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $17.50
- Park City Retail Store, 1678 Redstone Center Drive, Park City, Utah, United States of America