Email Marketing Manager
Email Marketing Manager
*this role is based onsite in our Headquarters office in Park City, Utah*
Backcountry is hiring a Email Marketing Manager for retention marketing programs for the Competitive Cyclist (CC) and Steep & Cheap (SAC) brands. Reporting to the Director, CRM, the Email Marketing Manager leads the execution of our email and SMS marketing. This critical role will partner with ecommerce, loyalty, analytics, product, creative and technology teams, as well as 3rd party vendors, to lead and execute initiatives to increase customer frequency and retention thru segmented promotional and lifecycle marketing campaigns across email and SMS.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Drive engagement via email and SMS communications in promotional, transactional, lifecycle, re-engagement, and triggered campaigns.
- Devise and own email and SMS deployment schedule.
- Implement trigger-based campaigns, mastering the technical aspects of deploying these through our Marketing Automation / CRM systems.
- Test and employ customer segmentation and personalization strategies to improve email and SMS performance.
- Work with key stakeholders to propose email strategy for driving customer retention and incremental demand.
- Own and oversee email operations including creative briefing and development, programming, QA testing, and directly managing deployment activities for CC and SAC.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues that occur at any time during the campaign building, launching or post-launching process.
- Report on and analyze campaign performance and make actionable recommendations to improve key metrics including CTR, CVR and $/email.
- Work closely with the Retention Marketing team on all email marketing strategies, including email best practices, monitoring industry trends, and making recommendations
- Support projects, site developments and other initiatives where applicable.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent experience
- 4-6 years in email marketing. DTC experience preferred.
- Hands-on experience managing and executing campaigns in Cordial, Amperity, Attentive and/or other similar marketing platforms.
- Comfortable working with customer databases, segmentation, and list pulling
- Proficiency with Excel
- Proficient database skills, SQL experience preferred
- Excellent writer and communicator in both the written and verbal form
- Extreme attention to detail, organized and process focused.
- Great communication and collaboration skills.
- Self-directed, proactive, and able to define and execute projects independently
- Possesses a natural curiosity and eagerness to learn
Seek it. Find it. Send it. We help customers seek the perfect gear for their backcountry, find their awe, and send it their way. Through our five brands—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and Steep&Cheap—we give our customers the gear, knowledge, and inspiration they need to chase life’s greatest moments. We foster local outdoor communities around the locations of our expanding number of retail stores, and we’re actively creating a more inclusive and equitable outdoors for all through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives.
We’re a company of Gearheads and we offer personalized expertise at every level of the organization. This means we curate the best assortment of premium gear and apparel, a premium shopping experience, personalized Gearhead advice, super-fast and accurate fulfillment, and aspirational and informative content.
We take growth and personal fulfillment seriously. For our employees—aka, our Herd—this means career growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. We offer perks like an exceptional gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office.
When you join the Backcountry Herd, you join a crew that is passionate about their jobs and equally stoked on the outdoors. Pre-dawn skintrack laps are the norm, MTB rides are our lunch break, and you’ll regularly find coworkers hitting the trail together post-work. Benefits are competitive and include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, Flexible Spending or Health Savings Account.
Thanks for exploring our careers! For your time and effort, use promo code CAREERS22 for 15% off full-price items in your cart. Some exclusions apply.
- Pay Type Salary
- Park City Office, 1678 West Redstone Center Drive, Park City, Utah, United States of America