Sr Manager Performance Marketing
Based in Park City, Utah, the Sr. Manager Performance Marketing will report to the Chief Digital & Customer Growth Officer and will be responsible for driving customer acquisition and retention through the management of all digital – paid marketing channels. You will be responsible for building and executing a performance-based growth marketing plan, overseeing the media budget composed of paid search (including shopping), paid social, display, affiliates, OTT and other emerging channels. You will be responsible for leading a team of 3-5 direct reports plus agencies and vendors. You will partner closely with the Brand Marketing, eCommerce, Retail, and Finance teams on Backcountry’s growth plan and various strategic projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all aspects of the customer acquisition process including but not limited to coordinating with external agencies, team recruiting, vendor/tool selection, asset development
- Develop, implement, and manage performance marketing campaigns globally across all digital channels including SEM, programmatic display, paid social and affiliate marketing
- Manage investment valuation framework and methodology for annual marketing spend, rooted in profitability and LTV, driving efficiency in new customer acquisition
- Use data analytics and marketing technologies to inform decisions and iterate on marketing campaigns to drive growth and achieve KPIs
- Own the forecasting, monitoring, and reporting of performance marketing budgets
- Own the performance marketing budget, while continuously looking for optimizations and efficiencies
- Build and maintain relationships with external vendors and partners, such as search agencies, affiliate partners, and media buying agencies
- Drive growth strategy with both 3P and 1P product focus across all acquisition channels
- Develop, execute, and manage A/B testing optimization strategies spanning ad assets, landing pages, targeting, media tactics, and new media channels
- Continuously evaluate emerging media strategies to identify growth opportunities and rebalance our paid marketing channel allocations as appropriate.
- In partnership with Brand and Retention Marketing teams, develop integrated marketing plans and programs that fuel customer discovery, interest, engagement, and retention.
- Maintain a firm grasp of the competitive landscape, market opportunities, and customer acquisition KPIs and champion information dissemination throughout the organization
- Collaborate with content programming leads and creative strategy to maintain a seamless brand voice and messaging inside the product experience and offline channels (including providing strategic guidance for paid media).
- Leads, develops, trains, and motivates the team.
- Proactively seeks out and studies information to remain current on media trends.
- KPI development for performance and brand channels, as well as leading teams towards an agile way of reading/reacting based on channel and content performance.
- Oversight of Growth Marketing strategies and deployment across Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, and Steep and Cheap; with partnership across other North American (MotoSport.com) and European (Bergfreunde) businesses for best practices sharing and application
- 5+ years of digital marketing experience across e-retail & DTC brands, paid and organic search, paid social and digital advertising, and personalized communications, across both web and mobile
- Must have hands on experience with running paid search and shopping campaigns, and at minimum, overseeing paid social campaigns.
- Have experience with multi-touch attribution models and understand how to use those results to reallocate spend towards best performing channels to drive demand for the business.
- Operate with a business and customer mindset when leveraging digital expertise to drive growth.
- Experience managing multi-functional in-house teams and external agencies
- Highly analytical mindset with data-driven decision-making within an imperfect or incomplete information environment.
- Can combine these deep analytical skills with consumer empathy, to ensure we are always delivering delightful, customer-centric experiences
- Proven track record of operator development and passion for building high-output, cross-functional teams
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and are excited by the challenges that come along with building a disruptive business
- Strong technical acumen and hands-on experience with tools such as Google Analytics, Optimizely, Looker, etc.
- Offline and retail experience is a plus
- Strong presentation skills
Seek it. Find it. Send it. We help customers seek the perfect gear for their backcountry, find their awe, and send it their way. Through our five brands—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and Steep&Cheap—we give our customers the gear, knowledge, and inspiration they need to chase life’s greatest moments. We foster local outdoor communities around the locations of our expanding number of retail stores, and we’re actively creating a more inclusive and equitable outdoors for all through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives.
We’re a company of Gearheads and we offer personalized expertise at every level of the organization. This means we curate the best assortment of premium gear and apparel, a premium shopping experience, personalized Gearhead advice, super-fast and accurate fulfillment, and aspirational and informative content.
We take growth and personal fulfillment seriously. For our employees—aka, our Herd—this means career growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. We offer perks like an exceptional gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office.
When you join the Backcountry Herd, you join a crew that is passionate about their jobs and equally stoked on the outdoors. Pre-dawn skintrack laps are the norm, MTB rides are our lunch break, and you’ll regularly find coworkers hitting the trail together post-work. Benefits are competitive and include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, Flexible Spending or Health Savings Account.
Thanks for exploring our careers! For your time and effort, use promo code CAREERS22 for 15% off full-price items in your cart. Some exclusions apply.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $130,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $145,000.00
- Travel Required No
- Travel % 0
- Telecommute % 25
- Park City Office, 1678 West Redstone Center Drive, Park City, Utah, United States of America