Part Time Retail Sales Associate - Gearhead ($17.50/hr.)
PART TIME RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE - GEARHEAD
LOCATION: on-site at our West Valley City, UT retail store
PAY: $17.50 per hour
Geek out with customers in the retail store by sharing your insane expertise and gear knowledge. In addition to providing smashing service, the customer service representative acts as the face of customer relations for Backcountry.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Place sales orders, process returns, and set up exchanges
- Support customers by helping them select relevant products or answer gear questions
- Cycle count regularly to maintain the highest level of inventory accuracy
- Maintain and manage cash flow to ensure a high level of accuracy
- Operate within multiple software systems to ensure the completion of all tasks
- Assist in maintaining engaging and creative displays to increase sales
- Helps keep retail store organized, clean, and presentable at all times
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Six-months retail sales experience or as a Customer Solutions Gearhead
- Strong Communication skills (Verbal and Written)
- Strong ability to multitask
- Proactive mindset and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong time management ability
- Ability to type 30+ WPM
- Stand, walk, sit for extended periods.
- Speak and listen to others in person and over the phone.
- Use keyboard and read from computer screen and reports.
- Lift up to 15lbs. Team lift up to 70lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Seek it. Find it. Send it. That’s our mantra. We help customers seek the perfect gear for their backcountry, find their awe, and send it their way. Through our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—we aim to give our customers the gear, knowledge, and inspiration they need to chase down life’s greatest moments. We foster local community in our expanding retail stores, and we’re actively creating a more inclusive and equitable outdoor environment for all through our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives.
We’re a company of Gearheads and we offer personalized expertise at every level of the organization. This means we offer the best assortment of premium gear and apparel, a top-notch shopping experience, personalized Gearhead advice, super-fast and accurate fulfillment, and aspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take growth and personal fulfillment seriously. For our employees—aka, our Herd—this means career growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. We offer perks like a crazy-awesome gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office. When you join the Backcountry Herd, you join a crew that is passionate about their jobs and equally stoked on the outdoors. Pre-dawn skin track laps are the norm, lunch break MTB rides are our sustenance, and you’ll regularly find coworkers hitting the crag together post work.
Thanks for exploring our careers! For your time and effort, use promo code CAREERS22 for 15% off full-price items in your cart. Some exclusions apply.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $17.50
- Travel Required No
- Travel % 0
- West Valley Retail Store, 2607 S. 3200 W., West Valley City, Utah, United States of America