Associate Buyer, Powersports (Off Road)
The Associate Buyer, Powersports (Off Road Parts) role is responsible for achieving and exceeding the financial goals of tier 2 and tier 3 brands and segments by owning daily and administrative duties as well as owning the ride relationships for all Dirt and 4-Wheel segments.
About the Job:
- Assortment Selection: Identify and spec out new SKUs added by existing brands under the MotoSport portfolio. Maintain pricing, category/SKU mix, and seasonal selection of inventory for segments and brands managed
- Vendor Negotiations: discounts, terms, pricing policies, promotional periods, closeout buys, PO compliance, issues management, image use, price-matching, and special/exclusive buys
- P&L Responsibility: owns revenue, margin, inventory, and in-stocks levels of tier 2-3 brands
- Regular and continued maintenance and assignment of MMY data to the part numbers in the system for rides that they are compatible with. This is what drives our website shopping experience for our hard parts segments
- Online Merchandising: Works with the Digital Merchandising Manager to optimize and merchandise PLP and search pages. Works to enhance, build and maintain the overall site browse structure for responsible brands & segments
- Cost/Pricing: Updates vendor quote costs when new files are supplied from vendors/brands and implements new retail and sale pricing based on pricing strategy by brand. Frequently perform competitive analysis on products and implements best pricing model so that MotoSport remains competitive and profitable
- Ride Creation: Co-responsible for setting up new Dirt Bikes, ATVs and UTVs in our database so that they are available to our customers on the website. Research manufacturers’ websites to learn what machines were released for new model years, and conduct research to understand what components are new, and what components are the same from the prior model year.
- Fitments/Parts: Owns the fitment translation database and process for all brands. Manages and updates MMY (make/model/year) data for the Dirt Bike and ATV/UTV storefronts. Builds spec sheets for the Merchandising Operations team for the purpose of setting up products in the system.
- Customer Reviews: Responsible for approving/rejecting customer reviews and working with the buyer(s) to make merchandise changes based on the customer feedback
- Promotions: Assist in brainstorming promotional ideas for the marketing team
- 4-5 years of relevant Industry Merchandising and Buying experience
- Firm understanding of Retail Math and Fundamentals
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (proficiency in Excel a must)
- Able to perform high repetition work and data entry for multiple hours at a time
- Excellent organizational skills and extreme attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding time management skills
- Ability to perform under pressure and prioritize competing tasks/initiatives
- SQL knowledge is a plus
Our mission is clear: We exist to ensure powersports enthusiasts never miss a ride.
MotoSport.com is more than a powersports company. We are a gathering of power sports devotees who ride and wrench like there’s no tomorrow… just like our customers. Because we‘re living the moto life, we make sure that we have the right parts and gear for you – whoever you are. But we wouldn’t be that different from the other guys if we just had a ton of stuff, would we? So we’ll do you one better: here at MotoSport.com we have a wealth of expert knowledge that comes from experience. That means our customers get the right parts and gear every time, and we go above and beyond to get it there in time. At the end of it all, we strive to make people (who aren’t that different from us) happy and satisfied… after all, we know what it’s like to be passionate about powersports, so who better to bring that enthusiasm to life than MotoSport?
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly, hybrid office culture office make for a fun work environment. MotoSport employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include annual bonus eligibility, medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid parental leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Pay Type Salary
- MotoSport HQ, 15353 SW Sequoia Parkway, Portland, Oregon, United States of America