Region Director - West
Careers That Change Lives – Come join the Aspen TEAM
We help create safer and more efficient surgical environments around the world. Aspen is a leading manufacturer of surgical essentials and infection control products, and we are growing. With products and solutions that help teams throughout the world run more efficiently, Aspen Surgical is consistently a trusted OR partner. Since 2020 we have acquired Precept Medical, Protek Medical, BlueMed Medical, Stork Labor & Delivery and Symmetry Surgical, all enhancing our product portfolio for our customers.
Join Aspen Surgical’ s Commercial Sales Team as Region Director leading the West Team, driving sales on medical consumables and instrumentation in the acute care market The West Team covers the states of Washington, California, Oregon, Nevada, Idaho, Utah, Montana, and Wyoming. With a comprehensive portfolio of industry-trusted surgical essentials and infection control products, Aspen Surgical helps support safety and efficiency in the operating room and beyond.
A Day in the Life…
- Responsible for driving sales growth and revenue for the company within the West Region.
- Lead a team of Account Managers and Account Executives to develop and execute sales strategies to achieve revenue growth and are tailored to the needs of our customers in the acute care market.
- Lead, coach, and develop the West team to meet and exceed their sales goals.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders and decision-makers in the acute care market, including hospital administrators, surgeons, and nurses.
- Maintain awareness of industry trends, market changes, and competitor activity to ensure the company remains competitive in the market.
- Work closely with other teams within the company, including marketing, product development, and customer service, to ensure that our products and services meet the needs of our customers.
- Manage and track sales performance and analyze data to identify areas for improvement.
- Proactively work with the Strategic Accounts team to build relationships in key accounts, identify and develop stakeholder networks, and reinforce relationships at the Executive level.
- Conduct quarterly business reviews, drive utilization, identify incremental opportunities, and facilitate contract renewal process.
- Consistently use Salesforce.com to manage team performance to identify opportunities and at-risk business.
- Develop and manage RFP process.
- Bachelor’s degree required in sales, marketing, engineering or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.8+ years of sales leadership.
- 8+ years of sales experience managing a high performing team.
- Experience in coaching direct reports or peers.
- Demonstrated success in selling Medical Device products as compared to established goals and objectives.
- Ability to influence account teams via matrix responsibilities.
- Demonstrated success of how to navigate cross-functional teams both internally and externally.
- Experience selling to Executives and decision makers.
- Experience in Medical Device products, both capital and disposable, for surgical procedures, and other hospital settings.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Excel) and Salesforce
- Project Management experience from concept to execution.
- Valid Driver’s License issued in one of the 50 states with no prior suspensions or revocations required (must be maintained during employment)
- Ability to travel extensively in support of regions objectives.
- Ability to become fully credentialed to enter hospitals and surgery centers.
- Energetic, outgoing, and excited about joining a growing company and increasing market share.
- High level of proven business and financial acumen.
- Purpose - Contribute to the development, manufacturing, and distribution of products used in a noble pursuit: the care of human lives.
- Career Opportunities - Because Aspen is a fast-growing company, when we grow and take things to the next level, you can grow professionally, too.
- Excitement -Aspen believes in challenging the status quo—we’re always willing to change to make things better and more efficient.
- Culture-When you first enter our facilities, you can feel the energy and friendliness of the great people.
- Family Matters-Aspen cares about you and your family, evidenced by offering top-notch health and financial-planning benefits.
- A Winning Team-Aspen continues to win awards year after year from our customers for great service and as an overall great place to work.
What We Offer:
- Great Benefit Offerings: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts (effective on date of hire)
- Excellent 401K Plan. The company will match 50% of any contributions you make to the plan up to 6% of your eligible pay. In addition, eligible for a 4% automatic Company non-elective contribution into your 401(k) account.
- Flexible Time Off
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Northern California, CA, USA