We love what we do! At Aspen Surgical we live our values of Respect, Transparency, Speed, Empowerment, Passion and Fun every day. This caring dedication creates and builds exceptional products that drive the industry standard making a real and lasting impact on people’s lives around the world. We strive to be the best, while providing the tools, resources, and support needed to set our team members up for success. Do you want to be appreciated for your hard work? Be a member of a dynamic, fast-growing organization? View your job as a joy rather than a burden? Then we have a position for you!
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE: To support the global packaging functions of the business including both sterile and non-sterile products. This role will support the packaging tasks associated with global strategy for revenue growth, profit growth, and business continuity as well as acquisition integrations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: – Other duties may be assigned
- Responsible for the execution of packaging validations for new, or existing products that is compliant to ISO 11607 regulations
- Assist in identifying cost savings opportunities in current packaging configurations or processes
- Adhere to project plans, tasks, and deliverables, and manage time to meet packaging project deadlines
- Participate in troubleshooting and problem-solving efforts related to the development projects. Support decisions through thorough engineering analysis and data
- Assist in developing validated sealing processes for sterile barrier packaging
- Assist in developing packaging processes utilizing Form, Fill, Seal (FFS) machines as well as continuous sealing equipment
- Remain current with technology and trends within the business
- Provides general technical assistance to various inter departments/individuals as necessary in the exploration of new opportunities and/or problem solving.
- On site job located in Caledonia, MI. Travel may be required up to 30% of the time.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Working knowledge with Form, Fill, Seal (FFS) & Continuous sealing machines
- A working knowledge with ISO 11607 regulations and transit testing to ASTM 4169 or similar testing standards
- Proven verbal and written communication skills and ability to lead within a multi-functional team
- Familiarity with the methods of Risk Management and FMEAs
- BS Degree in Packaging Engineering or equivalent
- 2+ years of Packaging design/development experience
- Medical device design/development experience preferred
- Preferred knowledge and experience using TOPS/similar system
Standing, sitting, lifting, walking.
NOTE: The inability to perform any of the following physical requirements does not preclude an applicant from consideration unless, following an individualized analysis, it is determined that the physical requirement is an essential job function, and the applicant is unable to perform such function with or without reasonable accommodation
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 30
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Caledonia, MI 49316, USA