Government/Admin (0301)-Assistant to the Executive Board
Student Government’s purpose is to lead the Sacramento State community in serving the diverse needs of Sacramento State students by promoting leadership development, shared governance, relationship building, community betterment, and lifelong personal and professional growth.
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Executive & Board Associate, the Assistant to the Executive Board will focus on three primary areas: support for the Vice President of University Affairs (VPUA) and other executive board members in regards to committee appointments, support for the ASI Safety Program in the Government office, and support for the Board of Directors with classroom and club presentations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the recruitment, placement, tracking and reporting of committee members for Internal and University committees.
- Assist in the various clerical needs of the ASI Safety Program.
- ASI website updates as requested
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Exceptional skills in communication, problem solving, time management, and organization
- Ability to take initiative
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Tact and discretion
- Enrolled in a minimum of 6 units at Sacramento State; maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA overall (for Student Assistant incumbents)
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office (Word /Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint)
- Proven strong written and verbal communication skills. A writing sample will be required at the time of the interview.
- Recruitment Experience.
- Familiarity with email distribution using a database.
I work. I learn. I play. I am ASI
Depending on the position a background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily after the candidate is offered a position with Associated Students, Inc. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current Associated Students, Inc. employees who apply for the position.
Associated Students is a nonprofit corporation and an auxiliary organization of California State University, Sacramento providing a wide range of programs and services to the students of CSUS. Therefore, ASI employees are not state employees.
Associated Student Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act Statement
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Sacramento has made crime statistics available on-line at www.csus.edu/police/cleryact.htm
- Job Family Administrative Support
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $15.50
- Max Hiring Rate $15.50
- 6000 J St, Sacramento, CA 95819, USA