CDC - Infants & Toddlers (1701) - Associate Teacher
The Children Center’s purpose is to create a community that supports
Sacramento State Students to build brighter futures by providing high
quality childcare, employment, and leadership opportunities in a wholesome learning environment.
Work under the supervision of the Associate Director. The Associate Teacher will provide direct support to classroom teaching staff and work as a team member to ensure a high standard of quality care is provided to enrolled children. Responsibilities include managing all aspects of the classroom including staff supervision and training, records maintenance, and parent communication when in program. Administrative tasks as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safely perform job duties
- Provide coverage for classrooms and supervisors as assigned. Work with children 6 months of age to kindergarten.
- Support classroom operations including monitoring classroom staff, fieldwork and volunteers. Maintain classroom routines, implement curriculum, preform health checks/communicate with parents and provide general management and supervision when in program.
- Communicate clearly and effectively. Keeps administrator, supervisors and staff informed of classroom needs.
- Relays relevant information to program administration in a timely manner.
- Understand and maintain the regulations of all governing agencies (i.e. Licensing) as well as other applicable Federal, State, County, and organizational policies. This includes, but is not limited to, Title 22, Title 5, and the Child and Adult Food Program.
- Participates in and assists with special events including new hire orientations and trainings as needed.
- Assist Center with special projects, administrative tasks, inter and exterior environments, and other tasks as assigned.
- Stays current with emerging practices and attends professional growth, leadership meetings and outside trainings.
- Maintains regular attendance to ensure classroom meet the staffing ratio per CA state regulations
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with staff, employees and public
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Willing to learn and seek information independently
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Knowledge of current Child Development Principles and Practices
- 1 year experience working with infants, toddlers and preschool age children
- Hold a Child Development Associate Teacher Permit
- Completed 3 Infant and Toddler units
- Pediatric First Aid and CPR
- Clear criminal background
- Current Health Screening(lifting up to 50 lbs. ability to stand 4-6 hrs., bend and squat)
- Updated Immunization TB (PPD), Measles (MMR), Whopping Cough
- Experience with Desired Results which includes DRDP assessments, ERS, and CLASS Assessments.
- Experience with NAEYC Accreditation
- Teacher or Site Supervisor Permit
- Experience working in campus childcare
- Associated Degree or higher in Child Development or a related field
- 6 months experience supervising adults
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to fingers, handle, feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee must:
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to climb, kneel, squat, reach overhead
- Sit on floor 1-2 hours daily
- Combination of indoors and outdoors with varied surfaces some uneven
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily after the candidate is offered a position with Associated Students, Inc. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current Associated Students, Inc. employees who apply for the position.
Associated Students is a nonprofit corporation and an auxiliary organization of California State University, Sacramento providing a wide range of programs and services to the students of CSUS. Therefore, ASI employees are not state employees. www.asi.csus.edu
Associated Student Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime
Statistics Act Statement
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and
Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Sacramento has made
crime statistics available on-line at www.csus.edu/police/cleryact.htm
- Job Family Child Development
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $19.40
- Max Hiring Rate $25.25
- 6000 J St, Sacramento, CA 95819, USA