CDC - Infants - Toddlers (1701)-Fellowship Teacher
The Children Center’s purpose is to create a community that supports
Sacramento State Students to build brighter futures by providing high
quality childcare, employment, and leadership opportunities in a wholesome learning environment.
The Fellowship position is a 12-month position designed to provide a recent graduate with experience working independently from the program Directors with the guidance from a Mentor Teachers. Has the authority to supervise and direct Student Assistants I and II and III, fieldwork students, and volunteers. Works independently from classroom Teacher daily running a classroom of up to 40 children.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safely perform job duties
- All responsibilities listed for Classroom Assistant II, III, and IV.
- Oversee the operation of the classroom and collaborates with a Mentor Teacher.
- Communicates with families providing daily information about children.
- Supervise all student assistants, fieldwork students, and volunteers.
- Willingness to supervise other classrooms if needed.
- Plans and implements daily classroom and arranges the classroom and outdoor environments.
- Keeps staff and supervisors informed of classroom needs.
- Plans and implements student staff trainings
- Completes and conducts student evaluations, newsletters, completing DRDPs, conducting environmental rating using the ITERS or ECERS scales.
- Conducts parent conferences, individual meetings with students, fieldwork students, and volunteers.
- Collaborates with administrators and core staff on special events and administrative tasks.
- Continue professional growth, attendance of leadership meetings, and outside trainings.
- Maintains regular attendance to ensure classroom meet the staffing ratio per CA state regulations
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Must enjoy interacting with children and be a mentor and role model for college students
- Willing to learn from a mentor teacher and seek information independently
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Hold a Child Development Teacher Permit
- Current Pediatric First Aid and CPR
- Cleared Criminal Background
- Current Health Screening
- Per law must be able to provide proof of immunizations (Measles and Pertussis-whooping cough) Influenza waiver or annual proof of influenza vaccination
- Clear TB Test
- Attend mandatory Monday night training meetings
- Attendance of Mandatory Leadership meetings
- Knowledge of windows-based personal computers – Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Completed 3 Infant Toddler units required when working with children under 3 year of age.
- BA in Child Development or a related field
- Site Supervisor Child Development Permit
- Three semesters of employment working with young children
- Two semester experience working at the ASI Children’s Center
- Mandated Reporter Training
- Basic Pest Management in a School & Child Care Setting Training
- Completed 3 Infant Toddler units
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to fingers, handle, feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee must:
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to climb, kneel, squat, reach overhead
- Sit on floor 1-2 hours daily
- Combination of indoors and outdoors with varied surfaces some uneven
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily after the candidate is offered a position with Associated Students, Inc. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current Associated Students, Inc. employees who apply for the position.
Associated Students is a nonprofit corporation and an auxiliary organization of California State University, Sacramento providing a wide range of programs and services to the students of CSUS. Therefore, ASI employees are not state employees. www.asi.csus.edu
Associated Student Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime
Statistics Act Statement
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and
Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Sacramento has made
crime statistics available on-line at www.csus.edu/police/cleryact.htm
- Job Family Child Development
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $18.75
- Job Start Date Monday, July 4, 2022
- 6000 J St, Sacramento, CA 95819, USA