Senior Inventory Specialist
This job opportunity is contingent on contract award
Our vision is to help our people and organizations thrive, which includes supporting our employees, both personally and professionally, creating opportunities to advance their career. Who doesn’t want to thrive in their career? Consider joining our team and becoming a part of our family. Along with a competitive salary, you will play a direct role in the continued success of our company, the customer and your local community.
Why Join ASCI?
- We have a zero Total Recordable Incident Rate
- Our average employee seniority is 8+ years
- Our positions cover a variety of functional areas, geographical areas, and industries
What can you bring to the ASCI Team?
- Safety: We strive to create an environment where communication is open and everyone recognizes that our work is never so urgent that we cannot take the time to watch out for each other.
- Integrity: We always do the right thing, even when no one is looking. We have the courage to challenge each other and accept feedback.
- Responsive: We understand that responsiveness is about consistently providing accurate and concise communication at the right time.
- Continuous Improvement: We strive to proactively find ways to improve and adapt ourselves, our processes and our customers.
- Community: We recognize that our success is only achieved by focusing on the impact we have on others.
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Location: Leesburg, VA
Advanced Supply Chain International (ASCI) is currently seeking applicants to be considered for a Senior Inventory Specialist position based in Leesburg, Virginia. The primary purpose of this position is to assist with the inventory management project, including overseeing a team of Inventory Counting Clerks and working with the Business Development Manager to develop a comprehensive inventory management plan. This position would be directly involved in the physical inspection of inventory and directing the team for work prioritization. Ensuring the safety of the team and providing efficient and proactive internal and external customer support in a professional and knowledgeable manner is essential.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Deliver safety leadership to team by example, instruction, and active engagement. Support client company’s HSE behavioral and process safety programs.
- Provide supervision and work direction to Inventory Counting Clerks.
- Perform physical audit and documentation of inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Review inventory processes and controls, and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Assist with the development of the inventory optimization plan that ensures efficiency, cost effectiveness, and compliance with the local and state requirements.
- Create, maintain and deliver project status reports, and provide data for customer Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) metrics.
- Attend periodic progress meetings and lead presentations as needed.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, accounting, business, supply chain management or logistics preferred.
- Strong math, accounting, statistical and analytical skills required.
- A minimum of five (5) of experience in inventory management and warehousing
- At least two (2) years of supervisory experience
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Excel and Power Point
- Leesburg, VA, USA