On Call Courier - Rural Alaska
Federal contract under ASCI Federal Services
Our vision is to help our people and organizations thrive, which includes supporting our employees, both personally and professionally, creating opportunities to advance their career. Who doesn’t want to thrive in their career? Consider joining our team and becoming a part of our family. Along with a competitive salary, you will play a direct role in the continued success of our company, the customer and your local community.
Why Join ASCI?
- We have a zero Total Recordable Incident Rate
- Our average employee seniority is 8+ years
- Our positions cover a variety of functional areas, geographical areas, and industries
What can you bring to the ASCI Team?
- Safety: We strive to create an environment where communication is open and everyone recognizes that our work is never so urgent that we cannot take the time to watch out for each other.
- Integrity: We always do the right thing, even when no one is looking. We have the courage to challenge each other and accept feedback.
- Responsive: We understand that responsiveness is about consistently providing accurate and concise communication at the right time.
- Continuous Improvement: We strive to proactively find ways to improve and adapt ourselves, our processes and our customers.
- Community: We recognize that our success is only achieved by focusing on the impact we have on others.
Benefits Eligible: No
Location: Various Rural Alaska Locations
ASCI Federal Servies is currently seeking applicants to be considered for on-call Courier positions for various remote Alaska locations. This position will be responsible for picking up packages from a local drop off point (airport, port, etc.), deliver them to the appropriate government recipient and obtain signed delivery receipts.
The role closely works with and directly impacts Operations, client receiving delivery, Material Handling Technicians and the ASCI HR Department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Loads, transports, and delivers orders, packages, documents, and other items to government agencies from businesses in and around local airport/airstrip.
- Obtains signatures for delivered items and transmits proof of delivery documentations to the designated ASCI employee.
- Prepares reports and other documents relating to deliveries.
- Adheres to assigned routes and follows time schedules, travelling by personal or public conveyance, or foot.
Minimum Qualifications: These are the minimum qualifications to be considered for this position.
- Minimum of one (1) year of work experience, and/or community service/volunteer experience.
- Valid Driver’s License with a clean driving history.
- Access to transportation to complete timely deliveries
- 18 years of age or older
- Cell phone or any other type of equipment that has a scanning feature, and ability to transmit copies of documents to a designated email address
- Ability to pass a background check to be granted access to government facilities.
Executive Order 14042 and FAR 52.223-99 are currently not in effect. But please note that if those or other related requirements become effective, ASCI Federal Services positions will require successful candidates to obtain and show proof of COVID-19 vaccination(s) or receive an ASCI approved exemption.
- Alaska, USA
- Bethel, AK, USA
- Denali, Alaska, USA
- Homer, AK, USA
- Petersburg, AK 99833, USA
- Seward, AK, USA
- Sitka, AK, USA
- Tok, AK 99780, USA
- Valdez, AK, USA