TRC- ADS Dietary - Cook
RESPONSIBLE TO:Residence Coordinator/Designee
To prepare meals that consistently meet with nutritional requirements of each individual.
- Prepare meals that are nourishing and at appropriate temperature.
- Prepare meals in appropriate texture, giving strong consideration to visual appeal and taste.
- Maintain kitchen sanitation on a daily basis.
- Assist with inventories, ordering of food, and menu planning.
- Prepare supplies for all assigned facilities.
- Assist agency in working with individuals when necessary and appropriate, e.g., providing information, direct service, raising concerns, etc. This relates to the emergency-type situations and in sharing general information.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Physical condition commensurate with demands of the job, including the unrestricted ability to assist in lifting on a regular basis. Reliability, adaptability and flexibility, including willingness and ability to maintain a good attendance record. Ability to follow written diets. Must demonstrate knowledge of, and willingness to adhere to, all departmental and agency policies and procedures.
High school or equivalency diploma strongly preferred. Interest in cooking and working with individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities. Experience in commercial/quantity cooking preferred but not necessary.
Revision Date: 07/29/2020, 3.8.22
THE RESOURCE CENTER
Grade 7, Non-Exempt
Employee Signature & Print Date
Supervisor Signature & Print Date
- Job Family TRC - Active - PFL/DBL Eligible
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $14.25
- 862 Foote Ave, Jamestown, NY 14701, USA