TRC - Dental - Dental Hygienist
DENTAL HYGIENIST JOB DESCRIPTION
RESPONSIBLE TO:Practice Manager
To provide dental hygiene, prophylaxis and general dental education to all registered patients of the Diagnostic and Treatment Dental Office.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Technical knowledge of dental hygiene practices, the ability to work with a wide variety of people, the ability to self-initiate and self-direct, ability to develop and maintain services for a specified caseload in accordance with acceptable standard Dental Office practice. Physical condition or reasonable accommodation(s) commensurate with demands of the job.
Graduate of an accredited school of Dental Hygiene and New York State licensure or eligibility to practice as a Dental Hygienist. Current certification in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation.
IDENTIFIED KEY COMPETENCIES:Not yet identified
OTHER DUTIES:Refer to Appendix
REQUIRED TOOLS:Refer to Appendix
Revision Date: 04.21.21
THE RESOURCE CENTER
Grade 22; Exempt
Employee Signature & Print Date
Supervisor Signature & Print Date
JOB DESCRIPTION APPENDIX
1. Assesses individuals to determine their current dental status.
2. Establishes patient chart and records necessary dental information.
3. Performs dental prophylaxis and other dental hygiene tasks as necessary.
4. Determines the number and necessity of dental prophylactic visits per year.
5. Provides instruction on home dental care and overall dental education.
6. Performs dental radiographs for initial and follow-up prophylactic appointments.
7. Assures the dental hygiene instruments and equipment are cleaned, disinfected, and sterilized and maintained in operating order.
8. Acts as dental assistant as necessary.
9. Performs any other related duties as requested
1.Access to related electronic health record
3.E-mail (Internal and external account)
6.Others as needed or requested
- Job Family TRC - Active - PFL/DBL Eligible
- Pay Type Salary
- 880 E 2nd St, Jamestown, NY 14701, USA