TRC- Foote Alloc Services - Shift Supervisor
THIRD SHIFT SUPERVISOR/RESIDENTIAL
Performs assigned supervisory duties and reports on behalf of the Residence Manager(s), Site Supervisor(s) or RN(s) to ensure facilities are operating smoothly during third shift.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The ability to organize time well and manage multiple responsibilities effectively and in a timely fashion. Ability and willingness to travel to and provide administrative oversight to staff at multiple work sites. Ability and willingness to stay awake and alert and ensure that all assigned third shift staff remain awake and alert at all times. Reliability, adaptability and flexibility. Ability to document and maintain records related to facility and program operation. Ability to successfully complete and maintain required in-service training. Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the job, including the ability to lift individuals in order to assist in transferring and positioning and the ability to perform Strategies for Crisis Intervention and Prevention (SCIP) maneuvers and maintain SCIP certification is essential.
High school diploma or GED and two (2) years experience in management/supervisory activities; OR one (1) year management experience and one (1) year experience working with the DD population; OR one (1) year experience working with the DD population and completion of the College of Direct Support Supervisory training; OR an equivalent combination of training and experience sufficient to perform the job. Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving according to guidelines established by TRC insurance carrier. Use of personal vehicle for travel to multiple sites or equivalent accommodations required
In conjunction with and/or in the absence of the Residence Manager(s) or RN(s), provides administrative supervision of assigned, third shift residence staff, including but not limited to:
a. Discipline, performance evaluation, training, and time recording.
b. Handles unscheduled call-ins of direct care staff and arranges for relief staff as needed.
c. Provides coverage as needed for staff breaks.
d. Schedules the tasks performed by the third shift residence staff to ensure the planning and provision of service and care to each individual.
e. Completes all required personnel-related paperwork and documentation in a timely fashion.
f. Provides crisis intervention support services to residential habilitation staff as needed or assigned.
g. Understands and adheres to the Collective Bargaining Unit Agreement between TRC and TRUCEA.
DIRECT CARE/DIRECT SUPPORT:
Provides direct care and direct support services to individuals of the home including but not limited to:
- Performs duties of DSP, including but not limited to bedding, bathing, and toileting, as needed or assigned.
- Monitors and provides care for the health needs of the individuals, including calling nursing when necessary and ensuring that their instructions are followed.
- Provides instruction and supervision of residents in completion of personal care, daily living, and community activities.
- Provides crisis intervention support services to individuals as needed or assigned.
- Maintains NYS Medication Administration Certification and administers medications as prescribed, as needed or assigned.
- Intervenes and reports any incidences or unusual occurrences as per policy/procedure. Ensures any immediate protective action is taken.
1. Makes regular rounds at all assigned locations in order to monitor activities of staff and individuals.
2. Ensures that the shift operation is functioning effectively. Handles situations requiring immediate attention and reports other information to supervisory/administrative staff for follow-up.
3. Provides for the health, safety and comfort of each individual by addressing day-to-day problems which arise including but not limited to: health needs, physical plant problems, staff and/or individual interaction problems, etc. and informs administration accordingly. Ensures that all related paperwork is completed in a timely fashion. In an emergency, ensures that all emergency procedures are followed.
4. Ensures that all duties carried out are consistent with and in compliance with regulatory requirements and TRC policy and procedure.
5. Conducts fire drills and submits documentation as required.
6. Completes all assigned documentation and paperwork, including Incident Reports, in a timely fashion, consistent with regulatory and/or departmental policy and procedure.
7. Coordinates morning transportation of individuals.
Performs all other related duties as needed or assigned.
- Job Family TRC - Active - PFL/DBL Eligible
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $19.38
- 862 Foote Ave, Jamestown, NY 14701, USA