Landscape Contract Worker
Hours: Full Time-Monday through Friday with some weekends
Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
-Ability/ or willing to learn how to use lawn mowing equipment, ie, lawn mowers of all sizes, weed wacking, and blowers.
-Ability/or willing to learn how to landscaping, ie weeding of beds, laying mulch, planting flowers, trimming of bushes
-Ability/or willing to learn how to assist in maintaining the mowers; ie changing of blades, cleaning the mowers, changing the oil
-Maintain all landscape vehicles and trailers; keeping them clean
Ability to work in all weather conditions
Must have Valid NY Drivers License
Pay:$14.20 to $20.75, depending on contracted site
Full Job Description is listed below:
Vocational and Employment Services
The Landscape Laborer, under direct supervision, performs all activities associated with landscaping services.
Reports to the Landscape Foreman, Landscape Manager, or Enclave Supervisor as required.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs landscaping duties to include: building and prepping beds for plant material; assisting with laying retainer walls, patios, walkways, etc.; performing drainage work; assisting with grading work, hauling of fill materials, etc.; assisting in plant maintenance, mulching and trimming of bushes or trees.
- Operates hand tools and power equipment consistent with design and usage to complete professional work.
- General lawn care including mowing, weed whacking, edging and other general landscaping.
- Will load and unload equipment, work materials, and supplies from vehicles as required.
- May assist in training and redirecting individuals with developmental disabilities in the correct execution of assigned tasks such as use of landscaping tools to perform their job duties; instruct individuals in the proper use of and wearing protective equipment.
- Handles and uses gasoline or oil as instructed by the supervisor to include storage and disposal.
- During snowplowing season, will assist in plowing, shoveling, and salting of properties. In addition, be able to operate a bobcat to load salt and plow.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
Valid NYS Driver’s License, approved driving record and a reliable vehicle are preferred, but not required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Physical demands and Exposure Risk outlined on attached form (A)
- Mental Requirements:
The ability to read, write, analyze, be perceptive, show good judgment, independent action, planning & prioritizing and follow directions. Work independently as well as cooperatively with others. Be approachable, enthusiastic, personable, work under pressure, and meet job-related deadlines accordingly; available to work flexible hours.
- Human Relations Skills:
The ability to communicate with individuals in a positive manner, demonstrate the ability to serve as an appropriate role model to program participants and coworkers. Receive supervision instruction in a positive manner. Adhere to and administer Agency’s policies, procedures, rules and regulations. Maintain a professional attitude and appearance at all times.
- Equipment Operation:
The ability to operate landscaping equipment such as lawn mowers, weed whackers, trimmers, edgers, blowers, shovels, rakes, etc.
- All staff members will assure and demonstrate the promotion of fundamental rights and protections for the people that we support. These include practices that treat people with dignity and respect at all times, ensure safety, best possible health/well-being and provide the person with continuity and personal security through the use of natural supports, positive relationships and opportunities for integration in the community. Staff members should also advocate and work toward assisting the people we support through person-centered planning to achieve the personal outcome goals that they have chosen by facilitating the plans and positive supports necessary to assist the person in progressing toward each outcome.
- Demonstrates the agency values of integrity, respect, responsibility, trust, teamwork, positive attitude, learning and honesty in working with students (persons), families, colleagues and members of our community.
- Good attendance is vital for the efficient and effective operation of quality programming and is an essential job function of this position.
This position is NON-EXEMPT from the overtime requirements of the Fair Labor Standard Act.
The Arc Erie County New York retains the right to change this job description at any time.
- Job Family Arc Erie
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $14.20
- Max Hiring Rate $20.75
- 2643 Main St, Buffalo, NY 14214, USA