Buffalo, NY, USA Req #3970
Wednesday, October 12, 2022
The Arc Erie County New York has been supporting children and adults with disabilities, and their families in achieving their desired quality of life by creating opportunities through comprehensive services for over 65 years.
Our Company: Are you ready to Achieve with The Arc Erie County? The Arc Erie County is deeply dedicated to the people we support and their families who rely on our expertise to assist them in the discovery and delivery of life-long educational, employment, vocational, residential and support programs and resources.
Our Position: We are currently seeking a Speech Language Pathologist to advocate and work towards assisting the people we support, through person centered planning, by facilitating plans, goals, and positive supports necessary to assist the person in progression towards the person’s desired outcomes. This position involves:
- Screens and evaluates people in terms of communication, oral motor skills, swallowing, augmentative communication needs, and functional activities as related to the scope of practice for speech therapy.
- Serves as a consultant to staff and team members addressing questions relating to communication and feeding/swallowing as needed.
- Prepares and maintains work setting, equipment, and supplies in accordance with health and safety requirements and agency policies.
- Successful completion of a Speech Language Pathologist program recognized by the Council on Academic Accreditation PLUS current licensure (with the exception of CFY) within NY State. Applicants working in a school program must have a teaching certificate (TSHH or TSSLD). Limited license may be required for CFY candidates (directly billing Medicare). ASHA certification preferred.
- What can The Arc Erie County offer you? Affordable Benefit package (medical, dental & vision), excellent PTO, great work-life balance, opportunity for advancement, 403b Retirement plan, positive & diverse work environment, opportunity to work remotely as well as being a part of a dynamic, engaging, & fun team!
The Arc Erie County New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
- Job Family Arc Erie
- Pay Type Salary
- Buffalo, NY, USA