Training & Development Specialist - Fargo, ND OR Jamestown, ND
Anne Carlsen Center (Anne Carlsen) is a non-profit organization which has been providing supports and services for 80 years to individuals in North Dakota with developmental disability or delay. Rich in tradition, Anne Carlsen has positioned itself on the cutting edge of innovation with unique programs, creative therapies and advanced assistive technologies that meet the specific needs of those we serve.
Be a part of an organization whose mission is to make independence a gift to those in your community!
Training and Development Specialist – Fargo, ND OR Jamestown, ND
The Training and Development Specialist serves as a vital member of the ACC Organizational Development team. He/She is responsible for supporting the development, implementation and evaluation of the staff training program(s) for all ACC staff in accordance with current policies, procedures, federal, state and local regulations. The Training and Development Specialist schedules his/her time with other members of the Organizational Development team and may be expected to travel to accommodate requests for services.
QUALIFICATIONS (minimum requirements)
Education and/or years’ experience required:
o Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
o 3 years work experience in ID/DD, Behavior Health or other Human Service area
o Ability to access, manipulate, organize and relay information using multiple applications for teaching and presenting information, with experience in instructional design (ID), and ID tools such as Articulate Storyline
Preferred/Required Skills and Abilities:
- Previous work experience working with clients with disabilities.
- The incumbent must be able demonstrate effective interpersonal skills; being tactful, courteous and diplomatic with internal and external contacts. Must be able to adapt to rapid change, be flexible and able to intervene promptly in crisis situations.
Supervision of others/decision making aptitude (if applicable): This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND ACCOUNTABILITES
· Contribute to development and implementation of ACC On-boarding program.
- Responsible for teaching Non-violent Crisis Intervention, ACC Skills Days and First Aid CPR courses.
- Review course content on a schedule, partnering with stakeholders and subject matter experts in order to determine that the content is delivered in the most effective, efficient and accurate way.
- Willingness and support in instructional design for content designed internally.
- Provide support to the organization by becoming certified as a Regional Staff Trainer for NDCPD training program.
- Assist Organizational Development team with ongoing coordination of Learning Management Systems.
- Serve as a member of an employee committee, representing HR/OD.
- Partner with members of the Organization Development team to develop and maintain a regular training schedule to fit the needs of ACC programs.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary leaders across the organization to assure employee training needs are met.
- Support supervisors in their role of coaching and constructive feedback to employees related to serving individuals.
- Assists in the development and implementation of departmental goals that are in alignment with the organizational strategic initiatives
- Collaborates effectively with the team to provide a unified response to clients/staff needs
- Effectively manages time and resources in the performance of their duties.
- Assists the department in meeting the budget by being accountable for and being cost effective with the utilization and management of supplies, materials and property.
- Effectively listens and communicates with employees, clients, families and outside constituents.
- Uses a flexible approach to communication and considers the input of other team members in decision making.
- Upholds Anne Carlsen Center’s ethical standards and demonstrate the behavioral and service expectations as defined in our policies and procedures.
- Successfully completes required training and educational requirements per State, Federal, local health codes and Anne Carlsen Center policies and procedures.
Anne Carlsen offers competitive pay and benefits, employee discounts, paid time off (PTO), and great advancement opportunities! Here are a few examples:
Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
Employer Paid Life & Disability
401(k) & Profit-Sharing Plan
Flexible Spending Accounts
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Employee Assistance Program
- Pay Type Salary
- Fargo, ND, USA
- Jamestown, ND, USA