8420 W Dodge Rd #510, Omaha, NE 68114, USA Req #640
Wednesday, April 26, 2023
SMS is part of the Alliant family of companies. SMS is a full-service insurance marketing organization (IMO) dedicated to helping independent insurance agents leverage time, make more money and put their business in a position of distinction. Founded in 1982, SMS has grown into one of the industry’s foremost IMOs with more than 320 employees and 65,000 independent agents under contract. With products and agents in all 50 states, SMS offers the industry’s most complete IMO experience. We support every facet of an agent’s business, from our comprehensive senior product portfolio to our technology, services and marketing programs.
Social media link:https://www.linkedin.com/company/seniormarketsales/
- Ensures database integrity, stability and system availability;
- Performs database server installations, patches and upgrades, including both standalone and high availability environments;
- Manages database deployment and testing;
- Implements database maintenance best practices including index rebuilds, distribution statistics, and database consistency checks;
- Executes backups, recovery and recovery testing, and verification;
- Performs database performance tuning activities such as analyzing SQL server query plans, index tuning, troubleshooting database blocking, and resolving deadlocks;
- Mentors and cross trains other team members;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer technology or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Five (5) or more years of experience designing, implementing, and managing corporate enterprise systems;
- Five (5) or more years of experience with Windows O/S, and as a production SQL server;
- Strong knowledge and experience with stored procedures and SQL queries and optimization to improve overall database performance;
- Working knowledge of modern data network, enterprise storage (SAN, NAS, etc.), server consolidation, server virtualization, directories, and disaster recovery technologies;
- Strong working knowledge of complex computing management systems including system administration, performance monitoring, problem management, change management, records management, and disaster prevention and recovery;
- Data warehousing, data modeling, and business intelligence knowledge a plus;
- MCDBA, CMDBA, or equivalent technical certification preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and documentation skills
- Good planning, prioritization and time management skills
- Excellent conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge of database security best practices
- Strong knowledge of complex SQL server replication troubleshooting
- Ability to work within a team and to foster teamwork
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
Equal Opportunity Employer; SMS participates in the E-Verify system.
“Successful people do those things that failures refuse to do.”
- Pay Type Salary
- 8420 W Dodge Rd #510, Omaha, NE 68114, USA