Litigation Paralegal - Hybrid GA!
Aldridge Pite, LLP is a multi-state law firm that focuses heavily on the utilization of technology to create work flow synergies with its clients and business partners. Aldridge Pite is a full-service provider of legal services to depository and non-depository financial institutions including banks, credit unions, mortgage servicing concerns, institutional investors, private firms, and other commercial clients. Aldridge Pite is dedicated to providing best-in-class representation across all of its Practice Areas through its unwavering subscription to three fundamental tenets: Partnership, Integrity, and Innovation.
The Litigation Paralegal will utilize legal knowledge and administrative skills to assist attorneys with handling legal matters and provide day-to-day clerical services to maintain the overall functionality of the department.
Specific Duties, Activities and Responsibilities
- Support Litigation Attorneys to ensure cases are being moved throughout the process to completion.
- Draft pleadings such as Motions, Proposed Orders and Notices of Hearings.
- Draft all Discovery Responses, including but not limited to Request for Production, Interrogatories and Request for Admission.
- Request documents from clients to finalize Discovery responses.
- Handle Docket Sounding and Depositions.
- Monitor Litigation deadlines to ensure compliance.
- Draft all correspondences to borrowers, Clerks, Judge, Clients, etc.
- Update Client Systems for all Litigation matters.
- Ensure Case Management system is kept updated.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple cases.
- Assist with other duties and special projects as needed
- High School Diploma required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least two years of work experience in Real Estate Law
- Litigation experience with a law firm that has a high transaction volume is preferred
- Knowledge of the foreclosure process and experience in a foreclosure law firm a plus
- ProLaw, LPS, VendorScape, Lenstar, and PACER experience highly preferred
General Competency Factors
- Must be proficient in software tools, including but not limited to Word, Excel, Outlook, and the Internet.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Must provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers
- Identifies and solves issues in a timely manner.
- Must be a team player and willing to help others in their department whenever necessary.
- Must be extremely organized and be able to multi-task.
- Conscientious with respect to work completion, deadlines, time management and attendance.
- Takes initiative in face of obstacles and identifies what needs to be done and takes action.
- Demonstrates commitment to Firm’s vision, mission, and core values.
- Analytical and detail oriented, while working at a fast pace and capable of multi-tasking.
- Develops professional relationships and builds rapport with others.
- Overall good work ethic and willingness to adapt to change.
In addition to remote work for most positions, we offer a comprehensive benefit program including:
- Company Paid Life and Disability Insurance plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans with Prescription coverage
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan
- Flexible scheduling (within reason, depending on position)
- Generous PTO plan for all full-time employees
- Full equipment station at no cost for remote employees, including dual monitors
- Employee Assistance Plan, offering free 24/7 counseling and consulting services to support emotional health and wellbeing
- Wellness programs and employee discounts
- Learning and development training opportunities for both personal and professional growth
- And so much more!
Aldridge Pite, LLP is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
- Pay Type Salary
- Atlanta, GA, USA