Associate Attorney - Hybrid CA!
Aldridge Pite, LLP is a multi-state law firm that focuses heavily on the utilization of technology to create work flow synergies with its clients and business partners. Aldridge Pite is a full-service provider of legal services to depository and non-depository financial institutions including banks, credit unions, mortgage servicing concerns, institutional investors, private firms, and other commercial clients. Aldridge Pite is dedicated to providing best-in-class representation across all of its Practice Areas through its unwavering subscription to three fundamental tenets: Partnership, Integrity, and Innovation.
Aldridge Pite, LLP is looking for an Associate Attorney to practice in California, with hybrid/remote work available. The associate will be responsible for handling litigated matters for the firm, with emphasis on defensive litigation involving residential real estate, title to real property, mortgages and foreclosure. Candidates must have excellent written and oral advocacy skill and experience with (or a desire to learn) all aspects of civil litigation.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage cases from inception to completion.
- Manage all aspects of contested litigation stemming from mortgage servicing and/or foreclosure/eviction matters.
- Manage pre-litigation cases and assist with clearing title to real property.
- Prepare analysis of case and advise client regarding risks, potential exposure and strategies.
- Draft/argue pleadings and motions.
- Conduct all aspects of discovery.
- Develop case strategy with supervising partner and client.
- Must be willing to travel throughout entire State of California on an as needed basis.
- Attend court hearings, mediation, settlement conferences, etc. both telephonic, via video and in person.
- Other duties and special projects as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Juris Doctor from accredited law school.
- Admission to practice law in the state of California; (additional license in other footprint states a plus).
- One year of experience in the practice of law, preferably litigation, real estate or mortgage law.
- Knowledge of foreclosure process and requirements preferred, but not required.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must have the ability to interpret client systems.
- Must be proficient in software tools including Word, Excel, Outlook and the Internet.
- Ability to manage and prioritize large and complex caseload.
- Hybrid position; remote work with ability to attend hearings in person and work in the San Diego office location, when needed or appropriate.
General Competency Factors:
- Provides exceptional customer service to internal and external customers
- Identifies and resolves problems quickly.
- Conscientious with respect to work completion, deadlines, time management and attendance.
- Takes initiative in face of obstacles, identifies what needs to be done and takes action.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Firm's vision, mission and core values.
- Analytical and detail oriented, while working at a face pace.
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills.
- Must be a team player and willing to help others across departments whenever necessary.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to adapt to change.
In addition to remote work for most positions, we offer a comprehensive benefit program including:
- Company Paid Life and Disability Insurance plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans with Prescription coverage
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan
- Flexible scheduling (within reason, depending on position)
- Generous PTO plan for all full-time employees
- Full equipment station at no cost for remote employees, including dual monitors
- Employee Assistance Plan, offering free 24/7 counseling and consulting services to support emotional health and wellbeing
- Wellness programs and employee discounts
- Learning and development training opportunities for both personal and professional growth
- And so much more!
Aldridge Pite, LLP is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
- Pay Type Hourly
- San Diego, CA, USA