Gross Counter Technician - Delray Beach, FL
1300 NW 17th Ave, Delray Beach, FL 33445, USA Req #3469
Thursday, May 25, 2023
NOW HIRING NIGHT SHIFT GROSS TECHNICIAN!!!
Utilizes training and knowledge to accurately
process specimens and ensure that all support systems are operated according
to established procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in a chemical or biological science
- Prolonged sitting
- Repetitive hand, wrist and shoulder motion
- Lifting up to 25 lbs. occasionally
EXAMPLE OF WORK PERFORMED
The omission of specific statements or
descriptions does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed
herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.
- Recognizes the irretrievability of each sample submitted and processes each specimen with respect.
- Ability to provide the pathology staff with the following information on each case: size, color, weight, dimensions, count, labeling of cassettes into which the specimens are placed, appropriate comments, and techniques employed in the cut and works within the guidelines set forth within the gross department manual.
- Notifies department supervisor of any situation that arises that goes beyond the individual’s education, training or experience.
- Responsible for accurate data entry skills.
- Ability to prioritize and adapt to changing demands.
- Maintain focus and consistently deliver quality work within tight timeframes.
- Must be accurate and productive.
- Must adhere to all department protocols and procedures.
- Must be reliable, dependable and have an excellent attendance history.
- Must be a team player.
- Assists in other areas of the lab as directed.
- Participates in special projects and/or assignments as requested by Manager /Director.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1300 NW 17th Ave, Delray Beach, FL 33445, USA