Wholesale Inventory Associate
If you are looking for a career at a dynamic company with a people-first mindset and a deep culture of growth and autonomy, ACV is the right place for you! Competitive compensation packages and learning and development opportunities, ACV has what you need to advance to the next level in your career. We will continue to raise the bar every day by investing in our people and technology to help our customers succeed. We hire people who share our passion, bring innovative ideas to the table, and enjoy a collaborative atmosphere.
Who we are:
ACV is a technology company that has revolutionized how dealers buy and sell cars online. We are transforming the automotive industry. ACV Auctions Inc. (ACV), has applied innovation and user-designed, data driven applications and solutions. We are building the most trusted and efficient digital marketplace with data solutions for sourcing, selling and managing used vehicles with transparency and comprehensive insights that were once unimaginable. We are disruptors of the industry and we want you to join us on our journey. ACV’s network of brands includes ACV Auctions, ACV Transportation, ClearCar, MAX Digital and ACV Capital within its Marketplace Products, as well as, True360 and Data Services.
At ACV we focus on the Health, Physical, Financial, Social and Emotional Wellness of our Teammates and to support this we offer:
- Multiple medical plans including a high deductible health plan that costs $0 out of your paycheck
- Company-sponsored (paid) Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- Comprehensive optional benefits such as Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life/AD&D, Legal/ID Protection, and Accident and Critical Illness Insurance
- Generous paid time off options, including vacation time, sick days, Company holidays, floating holidays, parental leave, bereavement leave, jury duty leave, voting leave, and other forms of paid leave as required by applicable law or regulation
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with additional opportunities to earn stock in the Company
- Retirement planning through the Company’s 401(k)
What you will do:
The Wholesale Inventory Associate will work directly with our Arbitration, Transportation, and Sales Departments. ACV will coordinate the re-sale of a vehicle previously sold on our auction platform. This role coordinates the re-sale process by partnering with our internal teams to ensure we have all the proper paperwork for the vehicle, that we have an accurate vehicle condition report, and that the vehicle is properly priced prior to being launched for auction.
- Work with Arbitration Administrators, Logistics Coordinators, Territory Managers, and Regional Sales Directors to locate vehicles, rewrite condition reports, and/or come up with the best alternative solution to dispose of vehicles
- Leverage data and research to determine the appropriate appraisal price for vehicles to be laced on auction, while trying to retain profits
- Evaluate information on the condition of vehicles provided by our team of ACV Auctions field inspectors acquired through onsite inspections
- Manage and relist ACV Inventory
- Relist and sell all unwound vehicles as per relist procedures and pricing strategy
- Work closely with Inside Sales to close deals on ACV inventory
- Assist in buyer and seller negotiations when necessary
- Update the Arbitration dashboard when an unowned vehicle is sold to include loss or gain
- Work closely with Transportation to have the vehicles transported in a timely manner
- Work closely with Carfax to correct any errors that may occur with Carfax reports
- Work closely with other Resolution teammates daily with open communication and follow through
- Manage inventory reporting and escalate on aged items
- Cross train within the Resolution Department to be able to assist with buyer refunds, invoicing the sellers, and title tracking
- Operate with a constant sense of urgency
- Assist the manager with other responsibilities as requested.
What you will need:
- Minimum - High School or GED
- 3 years automotive wholesale experience
- An intermediate level of automotive knowledge is required to be proficient in the role, and deeper knowledge with respect to makes, models, and mechanicals will be beneficial
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Customer centric mindset and attitude
- Ability to be self-motivated and able to work independently
- Ability to adapt quickly to shifting priorities and assist others during the process
- Excellent relationship building skills in person, writing, and over the phone with an understanding of the importance of building internal and external networks to increase personal effectiveness
- Intermediate computer skills required
- Salesforce experience is preferred but not required
Compensation: $21.00-$23.00 per hour. Please note that final compensation will be determined based upon the applicant's relevant experience, skillset, location, business needs, market demands, and other factors as permitted by law.
Trust & Transparency | People First | Positive Experiences | Calm Persistence | Never Settling
At ACV, we are committed to an inclusive culture in which every individual is welcomed and empowered to celebrate their true selves. We achieve this by fostering a work environment of acceptance and understanding that is free from discrimination. ACV is committed to being an equal opportunity employer regardless of sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires reasonable accommodation, please let us know.
- Job Family Customer Operations
- Job Function Payments
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Wednesday, September 20, 2023
- Buffalo, NY, USA