Brand Marketing Manager
If you are looking for a career at a dynamic company with a people-first mindset and a deep culture of growth and autonomy, ACV is the right place for you! Competitive compensation packages and learning and development opportunities, ACV has what you need to advance to the next level in your career. We will continue to raise the bar every day by investing in our people and technology to help our customers succeed. We hire people who share our passion, bring innovative ideas to the table, and enjoy a collaborative atmosphere.
Who we are:
ACV is a technology company that has revolutionized how dealers buy and sell cars online. We are transforming the automotive industry. ACV Auctions Inc. (ACV), has applied innovation and user-designed, data driven applications and solutions. We are building the most trusted and efficient digital marketplace with data solutions for sourcing, selling and managing used vehicles with transparency and comprehensive insights that were once unimaginable. We are disruptors of the industry and we want you to join us on our journey. ACV’s network of brands includes ACV Auctions, ACV Transportation, ClearCar, MAX Digital and ACV Capital within its Marketplace Products, as well as, True360 and Data Services.
At ACV we focus on the Health, Physical, Financial, Social and Emotional Wellness of our Teammates and to support this we offer:
- Multiple medical plans including a high deductible health plan that costs $0 out of your paycheck
- Company-sponsored (paid) Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- Comprehensive optional benefits such as Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life/AD&D, Legal/ID Protection, and Accident and Critical Illness Insurance
- Generous paid time off options, including vacation time, sick days, Company holidays, floating holidays, parental leave, bereavement leave, jury duty leave, voting leave, and other forms of paid leave as required by applicable law or regulation
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with additional opportunities to earn stock in the Company
- Retirement planning through the Company’s 401(k)
We are seeking a Brand Manager to support business unit growth. They will be responsible for collaborating with the business unit to strategize and execute all related marketing efforts to support growth and marketplace vibrancy.
The best fit candidate will be able to demonstrate deep experience, proven success and thought leadership around four primary areas of focus:
- Transactional Marketing: Experience driving effective promotional programs including segmentation for targeted campaigns.
- Carrier Marketing: Perspective on sourcing, onboarding, and keeping carriers engaged with performance metrics at the center of all decision making.
- Product Marketing: Support the marketing of new product feature releases including participating in the definition of the UX experience/journeys and related content development.
- Brand Marketing: Ownership of a comprehensive marketing plan measured against business unit KPIs. Marketing plan will leverage the following marketing channels including digital, web, email, social, PR and flyers. Internal communication selling support including battle cards and other sales collateral.
The role will require both refining and evolving how we talk about our services and capabilities as well as when and where we introduce specific offerings into the customer journey. Initial work will include developing marketing campaigns that will target existing ACV marketplace customers who are not using incremental services while increasing attach rates/wallet share for current customers. As a member of the Marketing Team, you will interact with departments across the organization including close collaboration with our data/analytics, product & technology, operations, and finance teams. This role reports to the Director, Brand Marketing.
What you will do:
The Brand Manager will lead with an analytical data-based mindset. They will establish clear KPIs and measure all campaigns and efforts against established metrics. This work will require collaborating with team members outside of the marketing team to define the product offering and then collaborating internally with marketing team members to build out comprehensive marketing plans to support the promotion of the product/service. Ownership includes establishing key segments, developing associated KPIs and monitoring and reporting on these metrics. The metrics will drive continued refinement of marketing planning and presentation of the offering. This individual will be highly proactive, driven and able to push projects through with tenacity and rigor. They will be a problem solver at heart with a strong project management mindset.
- Manage full project life cycle from establishing segmentation, ideating campaigns, deep-diving on data to estimate size and impact, creating and communicating collateral, monitoring impact and exceptions, staying tightly aligned with partners, documenting results, and creating a feedback loop of learnings into future sprints and product feedback.
- Measure and manage campaigns and promotions assessing impact on attach-rates and spread as well as ACV Transportation as a lever to impact retention and wallet share for ACV Auctions.
- Lead marketing efforts for ACV Carriers to acquire, grow and retain this important partner-base.
- Tightly manage the branding and presentation of the product across the full customer lifecycle.
- Set and run consistent check-ins with project team to ensure work is delivered on time.
- Manage projects from start to finish, coordinating with cross functional teams to hit milestones and complete projects in a timely manner.
- Lead all marketing and communications planning related to each product/campaign launch.
- Manage marketing budget expenses.
- Coordinate with marketing team channel owners to ensure flawless execution of creative and necessary channel marketing as dictated by project plan (ie. direct mail, ppc, social media, etc.)
- Work closely with marketing leadership to build program strategy and prioritization.
- Assume responsibility for the program’s people and vendors.
- Complete post-mortem on all product launches, preparing final report for stakeholders and leadership.
- Manage and monitor KPIs post launch for further refinement and improvement.
- Resolve projects’ higher scope issues.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
What you will need:
- 4+ years' experience in a marketing planning role creating comprehensive marketing plans including all marketing channels
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing preferred
- Proven experience managing full marketing programs and product launches
- Understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven problem-solving ability
- Maintain positive relationships with all team members
- Proactive mindset
- Growth mindset, a deep sense of ownership for projects
- Organized with the ability to manage numerous projects, tight turnaround times, scheduling conflicts, revisions and technical challenges effectively
- Ability to respond effectively and appropriately to feedback
- Additional experience considered a plus:
- Automotive or Tech
- Two-sided marketplace
- Analytics (SQL and Tableau)
Trust & Transparency | People First | Positive Experiences | Calm Persistence | Never Settling
At ACV, we are committed to an inclusive culture in which every individual is welcomed and empowered to celebrate their true selves. We achieve this by fostering a work environment of acceptance and understanding that is free from discrimination. ACV is committed to being an equal opportunity employer regardless of sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires reasonable accommodation, please let us know.
- Job Family Marketing
- Job Function Marketing
- Pay Type Salary
- Florida, USA
- Georgia, USA
- Illinois, USA
- Michigan, USA
- North Carolina, USA
- Ohio, USA
- Pennsylvania, USA
- South Carolina, USA