Senior Counsel, Contracts
If you are looking for a career at a dynamic company with a people-first mindset and a deep culture of growth and autonomy, ACV is the right place for you! Competitive compensation packages and learning and development opportunities, ACV has what you need to advance to the next level in your career. We will continue to raise the bar every day by investing in our people and technology to help our customers succeed. We hire people who share our passion, bring innovative ideas to the table, and enjoy a collaborative atmosphere.
Who we are:
ACV is a technology company that has revolutionized how dealers buy and sell cars online. We are transforming the automotive industry. ACV Auctions Inc. (ACV), has applied innovation and user-designed, data driven applications and solutions. We are building the most trusted and efficient digital marketplace with data solutions for sourcing, selling and managing used vehicles with transparency and comprehensive insights that were once unimaginable. We are disruptors of the industry and we want you to join us on our journey. ACV’s network of brands includes ACV Auctions, ACV Transportation, ClearCar, MAX Digital and ACV Capital within its Marketplace Products, as well as, True360 and Data Services.
At ACV we focus on the Health, Physical, Financial, Social and Emotional Wellness of our Teammates and to support this we offer:
- Multiple medical plans including a high deductible health plan that costs $0 out of your paycheck
- Company-sponsored (paid) Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- Comprehensive optional benefits such as Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life/AD&D, Legal/ID Protection, and Accident and Critical Illness Insurance
- Generous paid time off options, including vacation time, sick days, Company holidays, floating holidays, parental leave, bereavement leave, jury duty leave, voting leave, and other forms of paid leave as required by applicable law or regulation
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with additional opportunities to earn stock in the Company
- Retirement planning through the Company’s 401(k)
Who we are looking for:
The Sr. Counsel, Contracts is responsible for providing guidance and support to the organization on contracts and processes, including negotiation process, contract review, and advising on contractual agreements. This role will build relationships across the organization to strategically prepare, refine, and implement external agreements, as well as company processes and policies. This role reports directly to the Assistant General Counsel, Commercial Development.
What you will do:
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide variety of agreements that support and enable business operations with an emphasis on customer relationships, including but not limited to, commercial contracts, including master services agreements, confidentiality agreements, , including technology licensing, partnering, marketing, and professional services agreements.
- Provide front-line support to business organization on customer contracts and process, including advising on RFPs, contract review, negotiation approach and process.
- Build close cross-functional relationships with team members, and obtain and maintain a solid knowledge of the company’s business.
- Engage with internal stakeholders during the contracting process to ensure that company agreements adequately address risk management concerns, information security and privacy issues, accounting considerations, and other pertinent issues.
- Assist the legal team’s efforts in the preparation, implementation and refinement of standard form agreements, and company processes and policies.
- Act as a strategic partner, proactively identifying and analyzing potential legal issues in consultation with other members of the legal team and outside counsel, as necessary.
- Partner with the corporate development team and provide legal support for business transactions, including acquisitions, investments and partnerships.
- Provide substantive support for the rest of the legal team on an as-needed basis, including communications and training, contract management, and more.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- JD from an accredited law school, with exceptional academic credentials.
- Minimum 10 years of legal experience in related matters.
- Must be a member in good standing of a state bar, or be eligible to become licensed as in-house counsel.
- In-house experience is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements.
- Prior IP licensing experience is a plus.
- Must demonstrate an ability to grasp business and operational strategies to provide sound legal counsel in diverse matters affecting the business.
- Requires excellent language and writing skills and ability to drive projects and earn the confidence and cooperation of business partners. Must have strong project management, interpersonal, and persuasion skills.
- Enjoyable to work with. Positive attitude. Zero ego. Resourceful. Willingness to roll up sleeves (no job too big, no job too small).
- Detail oriented and organized. Highly self-directed and proactive, with the ability to manage a high-volume practice in a dynamic, fast paced, metrics-driven environment and adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations.
Trust & Transparency | People First | Positive Experiences | Calm Persistence | Never Settling
At ACV, we are committed to an inclusive culture in which every individual is welcomed and empowered to celebrate their true selves. We achieve this by fostering a work environment of acceptance and understanding that is free from discrimination. ACV is committed to being an equal opportunity employer regardless of sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires reasonable accommodation, please let us know.
- Job Family Legal
- Job Function Corporate Counsel
- Pay Type Salary
- Florida, USA
- Illinois, USA
- Michigan, USA
- Ohio, USA
- Pennsylvania, USA