The employee in this classification is responsible for the operation of a variety of heavy mobile equipment on an assigned shift in a continuous mining operation. This responsibility will include assisting maintenance personnel.
Duties & Responsibilities
Typical but not all inclusive, the Basic Operator's duties are as follows:
- To operate a variety of heavy equipment required in coal mining operation and to inspect the equipment to ensure proper operation, to report the need of major repairs and to maintain operating and service logs.
- To clean, lubricate and refuel equipment, including any major adjustments and other service requirements associated with the particular type and kind of equipment operated.
- To assist with repairs and major overhauls of the equipment.
- The incumbent will also perform other related and assigned duties associated with overall mining operations.
- Grade 12 or GED.
- Must be physically fit and have the ability to co-operate and work effectively with other employees.
- A valid class 3A license (or be willing to obtain a 3A license within the first 3 months of employment)
- The incumbent will also perform duties related to and associated with the Mining operations.
- Position is located on a mine site so the employee will be working in an environment that is susceptible to the weather.
- A combination of indoor and outdoor work is required for this classification.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Westmoreland - Poplar River Mine, 6G7H+3C, Coronach, Saskatchewan, Canada