Data Governance Lead (Hybrid)
We’re looking for amazing people! Come join Virginia Housing as a Data Governance Lead.
This important role will champion our Data Governance efforts by working with executive leaders, business units and data teams to establish and maintain clear, comprehensive, business centric data governance responsibilities, goals, and strategies, seeking common standards and processes where we have value to do so. This position delivers Data Governance strategy/objectives set forth by Virginia Housing’s Leadership and the Data Governance Team and ensures data quality standards and blueprints are clearly reflected in enterprise policies and standards. The individual in this role will require strategic thinking, deep collaboration, and an excitement to navigate ambiguity to build new strengths at Virginia Housing. This role must be a leader first, but also comfortable rolling up their sleeves to work in an individual or team role and leading by example when needed; They must be self-directed and self-driven with the ability to operate at both strategic and tactical levels.
Responsibilities will include:
- Take a Lead role in implementing and maintain the enterprise-wide data governance strategy and framework regarding Data Management, Data Quality, Data Security, Metadata, Reference Data Management, and tools.
- Partner and engage with Business Leaders to identify, classify, and prioritize Critical Data Elements for data sourcing, integration, consumption, and protection.
- Work with the Security, Risk, and other controlling department leaders to establish and manage data privacy standards and access controls to protect and secure data.
- Establish and provide enforcement support for Data Governance policies, standards, guidelines and procedures.
- Serve as a data governance and data management liaison between Leadership, Lines of Businesses, IT, and business end-users.
- Support the development and maintenance of the enterprise information maps, including authoritative systems, data producers and consumers, business glossaries, data dictionaries, and data catalogs.
- Develop and report on key performance indicators regarding data quality, compliance with data-related policies, standards, and other Data Governance program objectives.
- Lead and facilitate continuous improvement efforts leading to efficient data governance processes. Communicate and educate business owners and stewards on data best practices.
- Collaborate with Data Architect and engineering staff to ensure the creation and optimization of consistent data quality controls; provide oversight for enforcing quality measurements and reporting.
- Provide expert guidance and support for Data Governance technology solutions and participate in vendors/services selection and ongoing maintenance discussions.
Qualified candidates must possess:
- Many years of experience (10+ preferred) in the financial industry in positions requiring business data usage, data infrastructure, data governance, stewardship, and/or data ownership.
- Several years (6+ preferred) managing data governance, data management, business glossary / data dictionary, data lineage, metadata, and data quality initiatives.
- A couple years working in any cloud data governance cloud technology platforms.
- Sufficient knowledge of mortgage lending processes, systems, and data.
- Expert experience with governing Enterprise Data Warehouses and/or Data Lakes.
- Knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to the management of enterprise information assets, and approaches related to data protection.
- Experience with one or more data governance tools.
Preferred experience includes:
- Familiarity with Mortgage Loan Origination and Servicing systems and data
- Knowledge of Rental, Multi-family or Commercial Lending products and data
- Familiarity with industry standards such as MISMO, DCAM, DMBOK
- Certification as a Data Governance professional from a reputed data organization
- Member of industry groups such as DAMA, TDWI, Data Governance Institute, MISMO, Enterprise Data Management Council etc.
Virginia Housing is one of the nation’s premier housing finance organizations. Our mission is to help Virginians attain quality, affordable housing, which we accomplish through our public-private partnerships.
We are focused on employee engagement and committed to a healthy and diverse workforce. We offer on-site conveniences such as a cafeteria, fitness center, and free parking. Educational opportunities to help your advancement are available through classroom and online programs.
Applications and resumes are accepted online only at http://www.virginiahousing.com/careers.
This position will close at midnight on June 25, 2023.
Hiring Range: $99,239 - $129,008
Hybrid work model (3 days in-office, 2 days remote)
A background check will be performed as a condition of employment.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $99,239.00
- Max Hiring Rate $129,008.00
- Travel Required No
- Telecommute % 40
- 601 S Belvidere St, Richmond, VA 23220, USA