The Production Scheduler is responsible for developing and issuing production schedules using the MRP system. This includes verification of available capacity and material, to validate or modify the production schedule and to resolve issues affecting schedule adherence. The Production Scheduler is also responsible for providing accurate and timely lead time estimates and order status information. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned or reassigned at anytime
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and coordinate production schedules.
- Review production specifications and identifyand report plant capacityconstraints.
- Report manpowerand material shortage problems in a timely manner.
- Keep weekly production status reports for Managers.
- Monitor workflow and schedules to ensure on-time delivery.
- Coordinate with Managers to develop and execute production plan.
- Develop effective scheduling process to achieve production objectives.
- Coordinate with production and purchasingto ensure component parts and customer supplied part needs are communicated to affect stakeholders.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of production and inventory management
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Prior scheduling experience (preferred)
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Solid computer skills including superior Excel skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritize projects
Education and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Management, Production Scheduling or related field.
- Manufacturing experience required.
Able to work in an office environment and occasionally in the production area, including hot humid production areas.
- Must be able to remain sedentary with intermediate walking throughout the shift. Prolonged periods of standing may also be required.
- Weldon, NC 27890, USA