Manage, motivate, and lead a team of employees to ensure the facility and machines are in safe efficient working order. Plan, assign, and monitor the maintenance of repairs and sustain and continually advance an effective preventative maintenance program to protect the capital equipment. Ensure smooth and consistent operation of machines, support equipment, forklifts and all facility/building maintenance required in the running of a manufacturing facility. Must have strong skills in troubleshooting and directing the repair of electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical problems. Have a solid background in leadership with excellent verbal skills. On call 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
The duties listed below are not all inclusive of the work that will be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
- Coordinate personnel structure and staffing levels to accomplish the required maintenance on all shifts. Interview and recommend applicants for hire
- Plans and coordinates work, trains, motivates, monitors and evaluates performance of maintenance personnel; ensures their ability to safely work and operate equipment; counsels, documents, and disciplines as necessary
- Manage maintenance department employees to oversee that maintenance repairs are scheduled for all shifts and the necessary supplies are available and the repairs are done on a timely basis.
- Develop Team Lead’s to effectively oversee the daily routines of their assigned team members
- Identify and secure resources for project tasks
- Manage development schedules to complete on time and within budget, while delivering reliable and high quality results
- Communicate and manage project status and serve as the primary interface with operations
- Drive problem resolution by identifying project risks and provide plans to mitigate those risks. Maintain action registers for projects
- Maintain PM/repair database as required by ISO procedures.
- Make necessary repairs and coordinate preventive maintenance on the molding machines, support equipment, forklifts and building / grounds to ensure the continued operability and proper maintenance of all. Ensure all equipment meets OSHA standards for Safety and proper operation.
- Responsible for the inspection of new machinery to ensure it has been properly serviced before putting in operation
- Maintain and continue to improve 6S within the facility
- Interact with suppliers to receive the best pricing and quality. Oversee the purchasing of all supplies necessary for the maintenance of a plant.
- Interact with other departments and molding facilities in scheduling of machinery and resources
- Active role with new product testing and interaction with external and internal suppliers
- Provides analysis and recommended solutions to the manufacturing process
- Research and study advanced technology and manufacturing procedures in relation to department
- Work safely to prevent on-the-job injuries by following Patch Rubber policies and OSHA Standards
- Experienced planner and organizer, capable of completing multiple tasks and meeting established objectives and deadlines
- Schedule and maintain preventive maintenance for all the machines and auxiliary equipment.
- Review and maintain department budget.
- Bachelor of Science degree, preferred
- Five to eight plus year’s experience and skill in the maintenance field required
- Must have strong skills in troubleshooting and directing the repair of electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical problems; required
- Have a solid background in leadership with excellent verbal skills; required
- Must be self motivated, take ownership of projects, and work efficiently to meet short timelines
- Must possess strong project management skills and the ability to drive projects independently; required
- Complete Lean Manufacturing Green Belt Certification
- Proficient computer skills and an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office; required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, climb or balance, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 49 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is usually exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat and the risk of electric shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Job Function Manufacturing
- Pay Type Salary
- Roanoke Rapids, NC 27870, USA