Job Overview: This position will work with Production, Quality and other Chemists both in the lab, and on the plant floor to solve problems and to develop new products and processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
· * Work with the Technical team, Production and Maintenance personnel to develop, improve, or customize products, equipment, formulas, processes, or analytical methods.
· * Assists in the design and development of rubber compounds for various applications and products.
· * Plans and conducts development production tests/trials in coordination with production and planning.
· * Direct, coordinate, or advise lab personnel in Quality Control test procedures for analyzing compliance of products to established standards.
· * Compounds experimental materials using lab scale internal mixer, laboratory mills etc.
· * Compile and analyze test information to determine process or equipment operating efficiency or to diagnose malfunctions.
· * Write reports or prepare procedures and specifications for processes, products, or tests.
· * Responsible for monitoring daily quality control testing and making running adjustments to mixing and calendaring processes as needed.
* Support the efforts of your fellow technical
team members on various projects.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Analytical skills: Ability to interpret data and information. Measure and record data, interpret data and information to make adjustments to processes and equipment and evaluate the quality of the product.
Communication skills: Must be able to effectively communicate technical issues with other members of the Management Team and plant workers utilizing both written and oral communication skills
Mathematical skills: Able to calculate formulas, determine the amount of chemicals needed for a production run and measure the results of chemical reactions.
Education and Experience
· * 4-year degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
· * 1-3 years of experience in the rubber industry desired
· * Strong problem-solving skills
· * Good communication skills (both verbal and written)
· * Basic computer skills required (MS Office, Statistics and Equipment and Data base software)
· * Ability to make decisions with independent judgment with little or no direct Supervision
· * Must have a high level of integrity
· * Must be accurate and precise in conducting tests and transcribing and analyzing data
· * Ability to work on more than one project at a time
· May require moderate heavy lifting, of up to 25kgs (55 pounds). Long periods of standing are not uncommon. There are times when you will be required to work and travel throughout a manufacturing plant environment of varied temperature and humidity, and wear personal protective equipment, as required.
- Job Function Engineering Services
- Pay Type Salary
- Weldon, NC 27890, USA