Class A CDL - Truck Driver
SUMMARY: Class A CDL Driver loads and verifies appropriate condition and ensures timely delivery to customers on predetermined routes.
Duties and responsibilities
- Daily inspection of vehicles and trailers for mechanical and safety integrity
- Document, report and ensure preventative maintenance on vehicles and trailers
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions.
- Document and log work/rest periods and miles spent driving and retain fuel/toll receipts
- Report defects, accidents, and/or violations promptly
- Transport finished goods and raw materials over land to and from manufacturing plants and/or distribution centers.
- Plan routes and meet delivery schedules.
- Collect and verify delivery instructions.
- Complete all paperwork accurately and turn in timely.
- Communicate effectively with Customer Service, co-workers and supervisors.
- Use forklift to assist loading and unloading trucks to optimize efficiency.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Valid and sustained Class A CDL driver’s license
- Bureau of Motor Vehicles Certified Current Driving Record (No recent moving or driving violations or mechanical points)
- Current, and annually pass, DOT physical
- Current, and random testing, Drug-Free
- 3-5 years’ operating Semi-Truck with trailer driving experience.
- Capable use of electronic equipment and software (GPS, AVL units, CB etc.)
- Ability to regularly drive for extended periods of time.
- Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations
- Adaptability and foresight to respond to unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc)
- Valid and sustained license for forklift operation
- Able to read and write paperwork in English
- Basic math skills
- Reliable attendance to assigned work schedule.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to develop and implement the use of processes and procedures.
- Ability to use all relevant systems, programs, and equipment to complete job
- Interpret written and oral instructions.
- Work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Results oriented.
- Analyze situations and take appropriate action.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Job Function Manufacturing
- Pay Type Hourly
- Wadsworth, OH 44281, USA