Production (PRMS) - Mold Setter
Production (PRMS) - Mold Setter
Analyze specifications, lay out stock, set up and operate machines, troubleshoot plastics injection molding machines.
- Lifting - proper and safe technique to maneuver and lift up to 100 pounds
- Rigging – proper and safe techniques to maneuver odd shapes in narrow spaces
- Forklift license maintained current, daily checklists performed, seatbelt worn, safety-minded operation
- Behavior-based safety mind-set, planning job tasks to prevent on-the-job injuries, complying with safety policies and OSHA standards
- Understands how one’s job contributes to the success of the organization as a whole
- Woks in teams and independently to ensure quality products.
- Read and interpret set-up sheets and related technical data to determine tooling requirements, set-up procedures, control settings, and machine methods and sequences.
- Operate walkie-talkie / radio to exchange information with supervisor, set-up, maintenance, floor person
- Suggest improvements in work methods and procedures directly to supervisor
- Communicates production progress information to the next shift
- Inputs and updates data into production software using computer
- Shares knowledge, offers training to newer entrants into the set-up / mold technician role
- Forklift use - Safely and effectively
- Rigging – Safely and effectively
- Injection Molding Machines – optimize efficiency, sustain production, change molds, operate manually as needed
- Set machine controls, regulating molding temperature, volume of plastic, molding pressure and time, according to knowledge of plastics and molding procedures.
- Follow proper procedures for machine start up and shut down.
- Verify and/or change proper material and colorant used in hopper during mold and color changes.
- Enter data and commands into the injection molding machine computer for adjustments and set up.
- Monitor displays and machine operation to detect malfunctions.
- Troubleshoot work-related problems by following proven problem-solving methods.
- Make proper settings and adjustments of safety features on plastic molding machines
- Observe operation and regulate injection molding machines.
- Operate machinery manually to perform molding functions when machine malfunctions.
- Hook hydraulics to mold and perform basic repairs, such as replacement of lines by applying basic knowledge of hydraulics.
- Know proper procedure to follow in case of emergency, such as water or gas leak, and power failure.
- Perform basic machine maintenance, such as changing timers.
- All other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent, College credits / degree
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Ability to read, comprehend, and interpret operating and maintenance instructions, procedure & manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Myers Industries, Inc. is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
- Job Function Manufacturing
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- Job Start Date Thursday, June 1, 2023
- Wadsworth, OH 44281, USA