Packaging - Packer
Wadsworth, OH 44281, USA Req #933
Thursday, May 25, 2023
Akro-Mils, a Myers Industries Company (NYSE: MYE), products handle your toughest challenges! Our industry-leading line of plastic and metal storage, organization, transport and material handling products are designed for industrial, medical, retail and home settings.
Job Overview: Packers arecommitted to inspecting a variety of products, differentiate between colors, and ensure product will meet or exceed customer expectations. All employees have the authority and responsibility to initiate recommendations to resolve problems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot work-related problems by using problem solving techniques.
- Technology – use computer to locate information and print labels
- Ensure packaging is appropriate for shipment to customer.
- Inspect parts and cartons at each step of packing process
- Stack cartons on pallet by hand, band and ticket skids
- Notify supervisors of needed repairs of packaging machinery
- Record information, such as quantity, date and initials
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Understands how one’s job contributes to the success of the organization as a whole
- Work in teams and independently to color sort, visually inspect product.
- Work in teams to solve problems, complete tasks, and meet shipping schedule.
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Perform related duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- Possess basic reading and writing skills.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instruction.
- Moving Mechanical Parts – safely, conscientiously maneuver near moving parts
- Manufacturing / Packaging environment
- Ability to stand for 12 hours (7pm-7am or 7am-7pm, with breaks)
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl as required
- Eye to hand coordination in order to assemble and trim parts safely; Use hand to finger, handle, or feel.
- Vision required in the job: close vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception
- Lifting - proper and safe technique to maneuver and lift up to 25 pounds
Myers Industries, Inc. is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
- Job Family DIR
- Job Function Manufacturing
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Thursday, May 25, 2023
- Wadsworth, OH 44281, USA