Direct Connect Logistix is a nation-wide 3PL company headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Since 2009, we have committed to our promise of delivering every shipment on time, every time - no matter what. That is why we hire the best people, inject tons of energy into our culture, and empower our people to make great things happen for our customers.
Primarily responsible for pricing and contract renewal process for Direct Connect Logistix current customers. Key responsibilities will be to conduct analysis of current pricing structure and design new pricing initiatives to support current business and gain additional contractual business. Additional duties will include working closely with sales staff and account managers for spot quote opportunities. This person should be knowledgeable of the freight brokerage industry, highly motivated, urgency driven and have superior communication skills to succeed at this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for determining competitive market rates by utilizing proprietary rating software and analytical research, in conjunction with other team members, based on current market needs.
- Assist in the development of new analytics, automation, and reporting projects and the improvement of existing approaches to enhance decision making, deliver on strategic pricing priorities and increase team productivity.
- Respond to customer inquiries for information (RFI) or Request for Pricing (RFP) or create rate proposals for customers and document pricing analysis.
- Manage lane pricing strategy, analyze results, and generate reports showing effectiveness and measurement of pricing strategies.
- Develop and prepare cost/price proposals in response to spot requests and RFPs.
- Document all pricing proposals through Salesforce CRM application.
- Partner with Pricing Analytics team to develop reliable pricing forecast models and program performance metrics.
- Work closely with sales representatives and account managers to develop a comprehensive pricing solution for each customer’s supply chain needs.
- Conduct market research and document competitive pricing intelligence for internal stakeholders.
- Produce monthly reporting and analysis for leadership/management team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of two years of third-party logistics, freight brokerage, or asset truckload freight pricing experience required.
- Strong understanding of brokerage operations, geographic freight markets, and asset-based trucking operations is preferred.
- Experience with McLeod TMS and Salesforce a plus.
- Qualified candidate must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills along with relationship-building, follow-up, and problem-solving skills.
- Candidate must have the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Must be able to work with others along with working independently. Must be detail-oriented and must meet scheduled deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task in completing scheduled activities along with additional activities. Ability to manage communication in a positive manner.
- Punctuality and a good work ethic are critical.
Compensation & Benefit Package
- Competitive Base Salary
- Comprehensive Insurance Package including medical, dental, vision
- Ancillary Insurance Package including life insurance, longer-term and short-term disability, as well as pet insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays and PTO Package
- Free downtown parking (Indianapolis)
- Opportunity for growth and advancement for outstanding performers
- Work with a great team in a fast-paced and fun office environment
Direct Connect Logistix is an equal opportunity employer. Direct Connect Logistix does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family SGA
- Pay Type Salary
- Indy HQ, 314 W Michigan St, Indianapolis, Indiana, United States of America