Carrier Development Representative-Carrier Management
Direct Connect Logistix is a nation-wide 3PL company headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Since 2009, we have committed to our promise of delivering every shipment on time, every time - no matter what. That is why we hire the best people, inject tons of energy into our culture, and empower our people to make great things happen for our customers.
Primarily responsible for sourcing, securing, and managing the transportation needs for new and existing DCL carriers while maintaining the highest levels of customer service. This includes negotiating rates, building carrier relationships, and selling all modal solutions that DCL has to offer. Producing consistent dedicated carriers and growing current carrier base is an essential function of the Carrier Development Representative. This person should be knowledgeable of the industry, highly motivated, urgency driven and have superior communication skills to succeed at this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilize business development skills to identify, qualify and develop relationships with prospective carriers and independently build carrier relationships.
- Focus on the carrier procurement process, carrier pipeline, and carrier retention efforts.
- Leveraging our technology platforms along with other data sources to source carrier services including current book of business, past contacts, internet searches, website leads, CRM leads, social media contacts, sales agent leads and other carrier referrals.
- As primary contact for your carriers, you will be responsible for managing the relationship between the carrier and DCL. You will need to provide excellent customer service skills when communication through phone, email, and in-person.
- Maintain constant contact with carriers (average 100+ touch points/day) to prospect and secure additional capacity into existing book of business.
- Develop potential strategic carrier following for dedicated business opportunities.
- Manage performance expectations and compliance through carrier KPI/scorecard metrics.
- Have a broad knowledge of truck markets/pricing and negotiate rates with carriers.
- Collaborate with team on procurement details to ensure most effective solutions to customers and our carrier partners.
- Provide feedback to team on carrier rates submitted.
- Ensure accurate data capture, data integrity and system entry in all carrier related functions.
- Effectively utilize data and problem-solving skills to proactively resolve carrier issues.
- Monitor and track all loads to ensure details are accurately communicated and proactively identify potential problems.
- Support other departments as necessary regarding your carriers.
- Minimum of two year of third-party logistics or freight brokerage experience required.
- Existing carrier base a plus.
- Strong understanding of brokerage operations, geographic freight markets, and asset-based trucking operations is preferred.
- Prior demonstration of negotiation skills is preferred. Experience with McLeod TMS and Salesforce a plus.
- Qualified candidate must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills along with follow-up, and problem-solving skills.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment and be able to work with others along with working independently.
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to multi-task in completing scheduled activities and to meet scheduled deadlines.
- Punctuality and a good work ethic are critical.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, etc.) required.
Compensation & Benefit Package
- Salaried Exempt Plus Commssion
- Comprehensive Insurance Package including medical, dental, vision
- Ancillary Insurance Package including life insurance, longer-term and short-term disability, as well as pet insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays and PTO Package
- Free downtown parking (Indianapolis)
- Opportunity for growth and advancement for outstanding performers
- Work with a great team in a fast-paced and fun office environment
Direct Connect Logistix is an equal opportunity employer. Direct Connect Logistix does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family COS
- Pay Type Salary
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA