Manager-Close and Consolidations
Direct Connect Logistix is a nation-wide 3PL company headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Since 2009, we have committed to our promise of delivering every shipment on time, every time - no matter what. That is why we hire the best people, inject tons of energy into our culture, and empower our people to make great things happen for our customers.
As Manager, Close & Consolidations, you will be primarily responsible for ensuring the organization’s financial books and records are in accordance with GAAP. Additionally, this role will help establish and support a robust internal control environment. Finally, this role will help establish financial policies that facilitate the necessary oversight and governance that finance is expected to provide.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee month-end systems close, including making appropriate accruals to ensure revenue and expense recognition in accordance with GAAP.
- Ensure all balance sheet accounts have proper & valid supporting detail and are presented in accordance with GAAP.
- Ensure transactions are properly recorded to provide insight into the business, as directed by the Corporate Controller & CFO, to support internal management reporting and analysis of Cost to Serve.
- Ensure transactions are properly recorded with respect to EBITDA impact, and are classified in accordance with our lender agreement, or otherwise directed.
- Determine allocations to show true contribution of profit centers, and cost of cost centers.
- Oversee the preparation of monthly, quarterly, & annual financial reporting for management, private equity ownership, lender, and other parties as needed, including compliance reporting.
- Participate in annual bottoms-up budget process and quarterly forecasting.
- Assist in financial due diligence of potential acquisitions and participate in integration efforts, including net working capital calculation and opening balance sheet work.
- Ad hoc tasks assigned by Corporate Controller, CFO or CEO.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA or CMA preferred
- 8+ years’ accounting or finance experience with escalating responsibilities
- Transportation and freight brokerage experience preferred
- McLeod TMS experience preferred
- Advanced computer skills, including high-level Excel skills (proficient with pivot tables, xlookup, vlookup, sumifs, etc.)
- Promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables
- Examines data to grasp issues, draw conclusions, and solve difficult or complicated challenges
- Exceptional communication skills in person, over the phone, and in writing
- Ability to partner and influence across multiple business functional areas
- Qualified candidates must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills along with follow-up, and problem-solving skills
- Strategic thinking that focuses on results and desired outcomes and how best to achieve them
- Enables co-workers to grow and succeed through feedback, instruction, and encouragement
- Candidate must have the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Must be able to work with others along with working independently
- Must be detail-oriented and must meet scheduled deadlines
- Punctuality and a good work ethic are critical
Compensation and Benefit Package
- Competitive salary & bonus
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, critical and accident insurance, and pet insurance
- Employer paid life insurance and long-term disability
- 401K plan with company match
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Quarterly volunteer opportunities
Direct Connect Logistix is an equal opportunity employer. Direct Connect Logistix does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family SGA
- Pay Type Salary
- Indy HQ, 314 W Michigan St, Indianapolis, Indiana, United States of America