Carrier Sales Representative-Carrier Management
Direct Connect Logistix is a nation-wide 3PL company headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Since 2009, we have committed to our promise of delivering every shipment on time, every time - no matter what. That is why we hire the best people, inject tons of energy into our culture, and empower our people to make great things happen for our customers.
Primarily responsible for sourcing, securing, and managing the transportation needs for new and existing carriers while maintaining the highest levels of customer service. This includes managing a freight portfolio from pickup to delivery, providing and negotiating freight rates, building carrier relationships, and selling modal solutions that DCL has to offer. Consistently adding dedicated carriers and growing current carrier base is an essential function of Carrier Sales. This person should be knowledgeable of the industry, highly motivated, urgency driven and have superior communication skills to succeed at this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilize business development skills to identify, qualify and develop relationships with prospective carriers and independently build carrier relationships.
- Leveraging our technology platform along with other data sources to source carrier services including current book of business, past contacts, internet searches, website leads, social media contacts, sales agent leads and other carrier referrals.
- As primary contact for your carriers, you will be responsible for managing the relationship between the carrier and DCL. You will need to provide excellent customer service skills when communication through phone, email and in-person.
- Maintain constant contact with carriers (average 75-100+ touch points/day) to prospect and secure additional capacity into existing book of business.
- Developing potential strategic carrier following for dedicated business.
- Manage performance expectations through carrier scorecard metrics.
- Have a broad knowledge of truck markets/pricing and negotiate rates with carriers.
- Collaborate with team on procurement details to ensure most effective solutions to customers and our carrier partners.
- Provide feedback to team on carrier rates submitted.
- Ensure accurate data capture, data integrity and system entry in all carrier related functions.
- Effectively utilize data and problem-solving skills to proactively resolve carrier issues.
- Monitor and track all loads to ensure details are accurately communicated and proactively identify potential problems.
- Support other departments as required regarding your carriers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA or BS degree preferred.
- Preferred one year of third-party logistics or brokerage experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of brokerage operations, trucking operations and geographic freight markets is preferred.
- Prior demonstration of negotiation skills is preferred.
- Existing customer and/or carrier base is a plus.
- Experience with McLeod TMS and Salesforce is a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, etc.) required.
- Qualified candidate must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills along with relationship-building, follow-up, and problem-solving skills.
- Candidate must have the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Must be able to work with others along with working independently. Must be detail-oriented and must meet scheduled deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task in completing scheduled activities along with additional activities. Ability to manage communication in a positive manner.
- Punctuality and a good work ethic are critical.
Compensation & Benefit Package
- Competitive Base Salary + Commission Compensation
- Comprehensive Insurance Package including medical, dental, vision
- Ancillary Insurance Package including life insurance, longer-term and short-term disability, as well as pet insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays and PTO Package
- Free downtown parking (Indianapolis)
- Opportunity for growth and advancement for outstanding performers
- Work with a great team in a fast-paced and fun office environment
Direct Connect Logistix is an equal opportunity employer. Direct Connect Logistix does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family COS
- Pay Type Salary
- Indy HQ, 314 W Michigan St, Indianapolis, Indiana, United States of America